New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

esata case/cabinet that matches the design of Bubba|TWO?

Good ideas? Share with us!
Puma

esata case/cabinet that matches the design of Bubba|TWO?

Post by Puma »

First of all I want to congratulate Excito with this nice product.

I ordered my firts Bubba TWO and am waiting for the delivery.

However I want in the near future 2x SATA external harddiscs inside a nice casing (RAID1).

I read somewere in this forum about an ESATA CASE/CABINET in the Bubba TWO design.

Can you tell me the status of this project because I'm very curious about this.

Thanks in advance.

Puma[/i]
andersos

Post by andersos »

Yes, it was said that e-sata cases will be offered as accessorie after some time. I'm waiting for the wlan add-on to become available before I order the Bubba|TWO. *But I might as well wait also until the e-sata cases/cabinet become available to get all in one order. So I'm also interested to know the status.
Last edited by andersos on 29 Sep 2008, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Glad you have interest in our external storage product. It looks like it's 3-5 weeks away now, but it's hard to make promises right now.

We'll keep you posted.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
andersos

Post by andersos »

Ok good to know. Btw I asked earlier if Bubba|TWO supports port multiplying on the e-sata, but you didn't know then. Does it?
matkr265

Post by matkr265 »

Glad to hear that the external storage product is in the pipeline, I would appreciate to have the same look and feel on external drives attached to the B2 as the B2 itself.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

The eSATA drive will only have one eSATA connection and unfortunately no port multiplying. It will have the same shape and most likely the same coloring.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
johannes

Post by johannes »

..and regarding port multiplying to other external devices this _should_ work according to specs, but we haven't tested it. Can you point us to what kind of product (port multiplier) you would like to use it with? We would like to get one for test.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
andersos

Post by andersos »

Omaura TFHDD was such a product. It connected to host machine with one e-sata cable and all 5 disks were seen through port multiplying. Unfortunately Omaura has recently ceased operation. But I read on minhembio.com forum some days ago that tvpc.se will get a last shipment of Omaura stuff maybe this week.

If you can't manage to find an Omaura TFHDD you can always build a test rig using something like this. And recently e-sata hubs have started to become available. Addonics also has some storage towers that could be used with port multiplying. But it would be easy to build something yourself.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Are e-sata disks powered from the bubba or do they need a seperate supply? Would be nice if there was a integrated solution to feed all drives from a single adapter
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

The eSATA disk will come with its own PSU. The PSU we are using does not have enough power to supply both the internal and the external hard drive during spin up.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
andersos

Post by andersos »

Will it soon be available?
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

No promises but most likely it will be available in November.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
andersos

Post by andersos »

No hurry for me, Bubba|TWO with e-sata cases and wlan will be a nice christmas present from myself :lol:
Puma

Status sata cabinet/ case??

Post by Puma »

[quote="Magnus"]No promises but most likely it will be available in November.[/quote]

Magnus can you give the status or some details of the sata cabinet/casing??

Thanks in advance.

Puma
andersos

Post by andersos »

Yes please! It would be nice to see at least a rendered picture. And some real specs.