New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

esata case/cabinet that matches the design of Bubba|TWO?

Good ideas? Share with us!
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Status is that it looks like we are keeping the time schedule, release this month. Regarding the spec: it will have one eSATA connector, one power connector and will from the start (this might change later on) be available in the same hard drive sizes as Bubba|Two.

Some rendered pictures will show up next week!
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
andersos

Post by andersos »

Ok, and will it be available without hdd?
Puma

cabinet/case connection Raid??

Post by Puma »

Thank you very mucht for your information.

I am waiting for this because i want 2 of these cases with RAID1 configuration (inside the bubba2 i want a separate backup function or use this disk (500Gb) for use in one of the esata case and buy a new one for the bubba2).

Can you explain how i should make the Raid1 working?? And is the bubba 2 up to this function?? (memory, CPU power??)
Is the raid1 availeble allready inside the kernel of the bubba2??

Maybe you have a better backup solution/layout for my data.....

I'll be glad to hear from you.

puma
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Yes it will be available without hard drive to begin with.

Regarding raid functionality in Bubba|Two you will have to wait some time. We are constantly adding features and raid is one of the prioritized. Raid functionality will be available as an software upgrade. Bubba|Storage will to begin with only function as an extra storage area to your Bubba|Two.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
JC

Exciting

Post by JC »

I find this topic - an external case in Bubba|Two design - exciting. And it would be great if RAID 1 would become an option two. These features would become useful and nice to me too, and a great completion to an already superior product.
Puma

Post by Puma »

16-11-2008
[quote="Magnus"]Status is that it looks like we are keeping the time schedule, release this month. Regarding the spec: it will have one eSATA connector, one power connector and will from the start (this might change later on) be available in the same hard drive sizes as Bubba|Two.

Some rendered pictures will show up next week![/quote]

Hello,

Is there any news about the ESATA cases??

Pictures / Specs???

puma
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Unfortunately the casing for Bubba Storage has been delayed. The latest news is that it will arrive next week. As soon as we have it in our hands we will add it to our shop and let you know. Thank you for your patience.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Puma

status??

Post by Puma »

Hello,

Have the cases arrived yet??

Can you tell something about the specifications / photos?

Is there progress on the esata raid 1 configuration cq update?

Happy to hear from you
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Today we added Bubba|Storage to our web shop. You will find it under Accessories. In the Download section you find pictures and a quickstart. A manual will soon be available. Raid functionality is still under development and will not be available for at least a month. We will keep you posted!
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Puma

Post by Puma »

Hello Magnus,

Thank you for the update.

In the shop you can choose several harddisks are these the GREENLINE WD's and RE2 spec? type no.

I can see there is no LED on the front of the case is there a reason for?

I presume there is a electronic print inside?? or is it just a connector?

Can you give information about cooling? is it just the housing?

puma
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

We use Western Digital Green Power (WDxxEACS or WDxxEADS) for 1TB and 500GB. For 80GB we use either Seagate or Maxtor. This goes for both Bubba|Two and Bubba|Storage.

Two reasons for leaving the LED out: 1. There are no way of turning the LED off even if the disk has spun down, it would only have shown if the power cord was plugged or unplugged, as there are no on/off switch on Bubba|Storage. 2. As we went for the same casing we aimed for a clean design but yet to differ a little bit from Bubba|Two.

Yes, there is a circuit board inside.

The cooling works the same way as in Bubba|Two: passive cooling though the casing. The only moving part is the hard disk.
Magnus, Excito developer
www.excito.com
support@excito.com
andersos

Post by andersos »

Nice!

Now for those who need much storage, you could build some larger versions and run them through port multiplier.
pa

Post by pa »

Check out our shop, Bubba|Storage has been released.

https://www.excito.com/bubba/shop.html

/PA