New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Add restart option to web admin interface

Good ideas? Share with us!
davidI

Add restart option to web admin interface

Post by davidI »

presently in the home page of the admin interface there is a shutdown button. It would be nice if a second button were provided to restart the Bubba. Souldn't take too much to implement - just a call to "init 6" instead of "init 0".
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Good idea, i was looking for this option too as I have to find me a chair to be able to reach the Bubba to start it after is has shut itself down ;)
joost

Post by joost »

Even better would be an option for a scheduled restart - say every tuesday night at 04:00.
My bubba slows down over time and I find myself having to restart it every other week to get it back up to speed. Would be nice to do this automatically.
kastrom

Post by kastrom »

Must be possible to use cron to schedule an automatic restart.

/Kent
alex

Re: Add restart option to web admin interface

Post by alex »

Is there a real time clock in the b3 installed, so i could set up a cronjob to shut down the Bubba3 e.g. at 1:00 AM down and make it restart at 5:30AM. It would save 36 Watt-hours every day.
I could install the srvrpowercontrol plugin for the squeezecenter, but it doesn't work that way.
Any ideas how to switch it off and on again, without moving a finger?
nobody

Post by nobody »

The bubba does not shutdown by using init. You need to set some specific flags in /proc i believe. Therefor theres a good chance that making a cron script that reboots also may not work completely, but you'llsee quickly. If you get a bubba that seems to hang in limbo upon restart, its probably because of this issue.
eramoli

Sv: Add restart option to web admin interface

Post by eramoli »

Hi,

My understanding is that due to a bug the B3 consumes as much power regardless if it is on or off.

/Morgan

Skickat från min Sony Tablet S via Tapatalk 2
nobody

Post by nobody »

This may be true for the SSD edition, but the regular sata version consumes a lot less power when tuned off. There is one exception : theres a thread here where someone seriously hacked out all hd-consuming processes and managed to spin the hd down to a near constant standstill. Just turning it off at night is easier though :)