New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

HDMI connection :-)

Good ideas? Share with us!
squadra

HDMI connection :-)

Post by squadra »

If the bubba 3 gets this feature which then also can stream video content it would be super genius. Also the wireless option is much appreciated :-)

But i guess i need to look for a hard disk recorder which i connect to bubba2 for now?
Hape

Post by Hape »

http://www.emtec-international.com Movie Cube s800.

At 249 euro not a bad tandem with the Bubba.

p.s. it has hdmi out ;-)
squadra

Post by squadra »

Thanks (but no 1080p), i think i just have to wait more until all things come together (this cube also is not all that (no digital harddisk recording (i have no analog signal anymore), no subtitles etc etc). Anyways thanks will bookmark this!
dan13l

Post by dan13l »

squadra

Post by squadra »

Thanks! I bought the HDX1000. I use the bubba for Imap only (after firefly always needs manual startup) but after my pim access died i put it away (
Fatal error: Call to undefined function xcache_get() in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Cache/xcache.php on line 114) maybe will start form a clean version again but for now sometimes checking this forum to see how to correct it.
carl

Post by carl »

squadra wrote:Thanks! I bought the HDX1000. I use the bubba for Imap only (after firefly always needs manual startup) but after my pim access died i put it away (
Fatal error: Call to undefined function xcache_get() in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Cache/xcache.php on line 114) maybe will start form a clean version again but for now sometimes checking this forum to see how to correct it.
That particular error is an relic from the first release, that has been resolved now; Though some kind of manual actions might be needed to update the system to working order. If you want, I can guild you through the process.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
art1go

Re: HDMI connection :-)

Post by art1go »

Hi,
does somebody know whether one of those media player (HDX1000 or popcorn) run linux as a system and can run as a server as well and/or are easy to customize?

Thanks,
/art
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

muritala wrote:What is the difference between a gold plated HDMI cable and a normal HDMI cable? i want to get the best HDMI cable for my ps3 and i wanted to know that What is the difference between a gold plated HDMI cable and a normal HDMI cable. the normal HDMI cable costs £8.00 n the gold plated 1 costs £15. will there be any difference in picture quality if i buy the gold plated one.
I don't really see the connection to Bubba here. Did you really join this forum just to ask that one single question?

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

no, to probe for a spammer
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:no, to probe for a spammer
How is that?

(trying to learn how the f*ckers think so I can fight them better...)

And I see that somebody actually deleted the post now. I wasn't sure enough that it was really spam. I thought it was just some stupid user that didn't understand which forum he was on :roll:

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

some fora require the first posts to be moderated. SO you search all fora for "HDMI" and post a fixed semi-ontopic post you can reuse without thinking.
Then when you lose your noob status you let loose the spam
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:some fora require the first posts to be moderated. SO you search all fora for "HDMI" and post a fixed semi-ontopic post you can reuse without thinking.
Then when you lose your noob status you let loose the spam
Haven't those idiots something better to do than figuring out ways to make the world a slightly worse place for those of us that actually have a (semi-)life?

At least now I know. I will delete immediately next time.

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

yeah it does sound a bit labour-intensive doesn't it. But I suppose you can automate most of the process. And labour is cheap is you're unemployed