New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Torrent file

Good ideas? Share with us!
MagnusJonsson

Torrent file

Post by MagnusJonsson »

It would be nice if it was possible, on the Download page, to upload the torrent file (that you've previously downloaded to your PC) instead of the torrent link.

The reason for this request is mainly because that I have a torrent page which requires login and I have not made the very nice piece of addin called Bubbamon work with my Firefox / B2 combo.

I just thought that it would be convenient to have two options instead of one....

Just my two cents....

Magnus
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

It would be interesting to here what part of BubbaMon isn't working. I guess it has to do with the intermediate mode, but could you be a bit more specific on the problem? Have you tried using the intermediate mode on a page that doesn't require login?

I have so far not had the need to use the intermediate mode myself, so I really don't know if it is working. The only testing I've done with intermediate mode is on pages that doesn't require login, and that is working as far as I can tell. I have no experience of pages that do require login. Perhaps someone reading this can tell if it is working?

Anyway, some more details on the problem would help. Maybe I can fix it.

/Johan
RobV

Post by RobV »

Hi,

Torrent downloading can be started by simply copying a torrent file into the torrent directory.

By the way, bubbamon works real fine for me. Thanks Johan...

Regards, Rob
MagnusJonsson

Post by MagnusJonsson »

Hello Johan,

I really appreciated the last time you tried hard to solve my dilemma.
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t=1447&highlight=

However, I have found out since then that it seems to work.... well almost.

I can add the tracker using Bubbamon, and if I look in the download directory files are being downloaded and finally the torrent is complete.
However BubbaMon does not seem to have a clue unfortunately. It still says "Connecting to tracker" and the percentage never increases so I have to manually try to figure out when the download is complete.

All of the other features (temp, uptime and diskspace) seems to work just fine !

Regards,
Magnus
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Now this is very interesting. I have once noticed this exact same behaviour, and no more. I figured it was a glitch of some kind since I wasn't able to reproduce the error. For me too, it kept saying "connecting to tracker", but still the file was being downloaded, though in my case I was using a public server (haven't used any private ones). I never managed to figure out what was going on, and the error never appeared again.

Is this happening all the time for you? I'm interested in knowing what page/tracker this is you're using. Is it open for new registrations?

/Johan