New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba Two - wishlist (edited)

Good ideas? Share with us!
asparak

Bubba Two - wishlist (edited)

Post by asparak »

We have now replaced our server with the Bubba Two and the only major niggle is the network performance, which is being worked on I guess. With my 2 boys playing online, it struggles a bit and they are moaning about their ping times and latency.

Wishlist for a future product/software release.

Clearer release train for software patches, such as notification of when the next release is likely to be. People are asking when the latest Debian will be available on Bubba Two, but I don't see an answer yet.
WLAN please - like yesterday :)
SPAM filtering and filtering in general for Horde included as standard. In general, the webmail client is slow and clunky, even when just retrieving mail for 2 accounts.
CLAMAV - because we know Windows is dumb
tty capable port for disaster recovery or some other way to plug a terminal in to the system and fix things
Clearer mode settings, so rather than relying on people knowing the difference between a 1hz, 4 hz and 16hz flash, they are colour coded, or an additional status light or something.
Webmin style ability to start and stop services/edit configs for those who don't enjoy CLI work. Not everyone who buys one of these will be a Linux hacker
RAM Upgrade-able or more RAM
Ability to save Custom Network settings, so you can store a couple of different custom configs for different scenarios
Wireshark or similar in the GUI element, or a network monitor so you can watch traffic in real time. Even ntop as standard would help people monitor things.
auto-mount from the GUI - again not everyone is a Linux hacker

pie-in-the-sky wish - let people change the default ports on the firewall screen on the GUI, or during setup. I never run ssh on port 22, or http on port 80 its too easily attacked. Maybe provide fwbuilder or similar