New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

mobile internet

Good ideas? Share with us!
psykopatpastorn

mobile internet

Post by psykopatpastorn »

If I stick a mobile internet 3g dongle into Bubba|Twos USB port, I would like Bubba|Two to be able to use it as the primary WAN connection. Just as the LAN and the future WLAN can access the ethernet-WAN today, it should be able to access the mobile internet WAN.

Now, one has to buy a stupid and expensive router to be able to do that (or, set it up yourself on some PC).

There seems to be some mature packages in Debian already. When I plug one of those dongles into my laptop running Debian, it recognises it and lets me connect easily (actually way nicer than with the proprietary windows application that comes with the dongle).
cavinsmither

Re: mobile internet

Post by cavinsmither »

I have good feature phone and name is HTC mytuch 3gs.Its main functionality is internet options and use 3gs network because of that it is useful every where any also great to access internet in the phone.
When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
JanPihlgren

Post by JanPihlgren »

I also have a Bubba TWO and want to connect to mobile internet with an USB-dongle.
Does anyone know howto?
Linux distributions as Mandriva and Mageia have the option to connect to mobile internet throuhg a USB-modem.
Why do I wish to connect to mibile internet? Because I want to use my Bubba TWO (or in the future Bubba 3) when I demo Internet and Linux.
johannes

Post by johannes »

There is a howto here:

http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/T ... nd_How-tos

almost all the way down.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)