New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

ip telephony

Good ideas? Share with us!
psykopatpastorn

ip telephony

Post by psykopatpastorn »

My goal is to eliminate as many little silly power consuming boxes as possible, and replace their functionality with Bubba. The router/firewall is gone, hopefully soon the WLAN router as well, the nas harddrive too. Another box I want to eliminate is the IP Telephony box. I've had two, one from Linksys and another from some unknown company that I got from Megaphone. It's basically a basic router/firewall, with a telephone connector.

What's missing on bubba is the telephone port, so I guess there is no easy way to fix it, but please keep it in mind for future hardware.

(Oh, and why no throw in two or three extra LAN connectors as a switch, so I can get rid of my switch box as well...?)
pcrene

Re: ip telephony

Post by pcrene »

Hello

Did you check Asterix as an option....
If you get it working i would be very interested

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
erl

Post by erl »

I'd like to support the suggestion of a phone jack on the Bubba to allow its use as a VoIP gateway with existing POTS phones.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Just an idea; wouldn't this be possible using an USB POTS modem? We have no plans to add a POTS line to our servers, since the use case is quite limited, sorry.

Regards,
/Johannes
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello johannes,

An USB pots interface would be fine with me...
Is asterix an working option as gateway?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com