New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 Web-interface File Manager and symbolic links

Good ideas? Share with us!
jonte

B2 Web-interface File Manager and symbolic links

Post by jonte »

Just a small request to have the Web-interface File Manager be able to find and follow symbolic links.

//Jonte
tor

Re: B2 Web-interface File Manager and symbolic links

Post by tor »

Hi Jonte,

The lack of symlinks in the current implementation is intentional :( Due to the way the backend, mostly by historical reasons, works today we are unable to verify symlinks and thus its disabled as a security measure.

We do however plan to rewrite large parts of the web based filemanager. And hopefully we will support symlinks then.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
jonte

Post by jonte »

tor wrote: We do however plan to rewrite large parts of the web based filemanager. And hopefully we will support symlinks then.
/Tor
Good to know, I'll be on the lookout ;)

//Jonte
jonte

Post by jonte »

tor wrote: We do however plan to rewrite large parts of the web based filemanager. And hopefully we will support symlinks then.
/Tor
I checked.
No support for sym-links in the new file manager (which still I like alot btw). Any chance of adding support for sym-links in future updates?

//Jonte
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

yes. This exact text is placed as a comment on over 6000 blog and reviews that mentions file managers. Pretty sad people.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

You can return the favour!
http://www.gleamtech.com/support/forums/filevista

Just do not mention particular products such as bubba as you make excito look like spammers as well.
Ancan

Post by Ancan »

Bumping this. I keep the majority of my precious data on my Synology NAS, and intend to have the disk on the B3 mostly as a "staging area" for downloads. It would however be nice to have the music- and video-directories linked to nfs-exports on the NAS.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Well noted, but I'm sorry to say this is not high in the priority as it looks now. It exposes some security problems we have to deal with first. Sorry...
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Ancan

Post by Ancan »

Worked around this by mounting the directories in the place they are used, instead of using links from "/mnt". Works perfect, and can probably be used for "simulating" links across the local fs aswell.