New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Spotify

Good ideas? Share with us!
mrcarlzones

Spotify

Post by mrcarlzones »

Hello - I currently do not own a Bubba2, but thinking of getting one.

But I did have one question: is it possible (or will be) to run Spotify on the Bubba2? I understand it should be possible to install the Spotify client Wine - but has anyone tried it on a Bubba2?
RandomUsername

Re: Spotify

Post by RandomUsername »

Apart from the fact that I can't think of any good reason for doing this, I think this would be a total non-starter.

1. The Bubba doesn't have a GUI (by default anyway - even if you installed one you'd have to remote into it because there's no way of connecting a video display and then you may as well be running it on your local machine).

2. Bubba doesn't have any sound output.
MagnusJonsson

Post by MagnusJonsson »

However, it would cool for those of us who have a connected Squeezebox to our B2. :)
I don't think that this is a B2 matter as such, but wouldn't it be nice to have Spotify support using the B2 + SB combo ?
The only thing I've found so far is a plug-in which runs on Windows or Linux (x86) which does not make a B2 owner too happy..... :(
(Link but unfortunately only in Swedish)
Mackelito

Post by Mackelito »