New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

A sticker with the MAC addresses!

Good ideas? Share with us!
DanielM

Re: A sticker with the MAC addresses!

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:well you still can do exactly this, but just not in the web interface. But that's not a problem for you is it :D
I guess the point here is more "I want to do this. Probably other people also want to. These persons might nog be techy enough to hack dnsmasq.conf, so it might be a good thing if they could do it just by clicking". Or am I wrong?

/Daniel
gonk

Post by gonk »

johannes wrote:Yep, this request has come before, and yes, next production batch will have one. :)
The ability to assign static IP-addresses to computers in my network via locking on MAC-addresses is something I've always done in the DHCP serup of my previous home network appliances.

I was quite surprised that such features are not available in the B3 web interface yet.
rxmd

Post by rxmd »

gonk wrote:
johannes wrote:Yep, this request has come before, and yes, next production batch will have one. :)
The ability to assign static IP-addresses to computers in my network via locking on MAC-addresses is something I've always done in the DHCP serup of my previous home network appliances.

I was quite surprised that such features are not available in the B3 web interface yet.
I think this is a different question. You are asking about configuring the B3's built-in DHCP server (which is just as valid). The original request here was about the MAC address of the B3, for configuring another DHCP server to deal out a static lease.