New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Logitech Media Server

Good ideas? Share with us!
Gordon

Logitech Media Server

Post by Gordon »

The version of Squeezecenter distributed with the latest B3 software has been giving me loads of headaches. First off my whole library was gone and I had to rescan everything, which is okay because it can do that over night and I was still able to access the music folder directly. The major anoyment came after it finished and showed me empty artist entries and duplicated song entries as well as several "weird" entries that apparently originate from ID?-tags that I cannot view or edit with any available tool (neither on Windows nor on my Gentoo based system).

I know there is no official Debian supported package for the new LogitechMediaServer, but after some trial and error I managed to get version 7.7.1 - r33735 running on my B3 and it's a breeze. I would really hate it if a new B3 software release would reinstall that bad version of Squeezecenter.
johannes

Re: Logitech Media Server

Post by johannes »

The next B3 release (2.4) will include the 7.7.1.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Gordon

Re: Logitech Media Server

Post by Gordon »

Perfect! 8)