New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Community to make development and donations to Excito?

Good ideas? Share with us!
eramoli

Community to make development and donations to Excito?

Post by eramoli »

Hi,

Now and then I run into issues which is high priority for me but understandably not on the top of the list for Excito.

What I do now is to do my own hacks and share as much as possible here or on the wiki. The issue is that when installing updates from Excito the changes I have done some times gets lost and I have to re-do them again and again and again.

Excito: Would it be possible for a single person or groups of persons to
* pitch a functionality to you
* have you say; if you give us well tested code we will add it into the next official release
* receive functional and test requirements from you that we must fulfil

If my understanding is correct one of your goals is to have the Web UI as simple as possible so that low-medium knowledge people should be able to use the Excito B3 without getting put of by a lot of "advanced" and "obscure" features and settings. I respect and understand this goal.

To allow more advanced settings and functionality maybe it would be possible to have a part of the web UI dedicated to the advanced and not main stream stuff or possible a totally different web UI with the advanced stuff that you do not want to bother the majority of the users with?

* Is this something Excito would be interested in?
* Would other people be interested in doing this?

For me it would result in more work right now but I would get it back in the long run.

Best Regards,
Morgan, proud owner of two B3s
RandomUsername

Re: Community to make development and donations to Excito?

Post by RandomUsername »

I'm pretty sure they've accepted community originated code changes in the past. I don't think the advanced web-interface idea has legs though. No one would ever agree in what it should contain. I think the web-interface covers most of the bases as it is.
johannes

Post by johannes »

@eramoli, @RandomUsername,

This does sound interesting. In general, if you agree on some functionality and show that it has traction amongst you guys, we'll of course do what we can to help out, and will not hesitate to publish it in our mainstream releases after testing, whatever it may be. We don't mind put some work in it either, should you need help with some parts. After all, any help we get from you is better for us than getting no help at all, and in the end it becomes a more valuable product.

It may not be clear to you guys working hard at the forum, but you guys (our enthusiasts as we call you internally) are really important to us. The positive attitude and high level of knowledge on this forum helps us attracting new customers. Because of this, and also because you always do fun stuff, we'll try to be as friendly as we ever can to these requests.

And, somewhat off-topic, when it comes to priorities it seems as we are always a few guys short to be able to do all we want to do. If you know someone looking for work, help us out by sending them this link, thanks! :)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
mike_nl

Post by mike_nl »

Hi Johannes,

i have followed your link an i have read something about ANDROID.
Aeh, you guys have some ideas and-or plannings to do an android app for our excito.
Or something else what is depending on Android ??? :roll:
johannes

Post by johannes »

:wink:
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)