New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Apparmor / Debian 7 / "bare Debian" firmware alternative

Good ideas? Share with us!
Christian

Apparmor / Debian 7 / "bare Debian" firmware alternative

Post by Christian »

Hi,

I am not sure if this counts as a feature request, but, with all these hacks and the NSA revelations of the recent months, I really wished the B3 to support AppArmor.

The problem is, Debian 6 seems not to support AppArmor. Debian 7 does. ;-) So I would really appreciate a future Debian upgrade for the B3.

I would be even happy with a fairly "bare-Debian" alternative to the current Excito firmware. Although I really like the Excito UI and its features, the (cloud) world has evolved since I first got an Excito device. Nowadays, I am using OwnCloud on the B3, and, sadly, for my use-cases, this has superseded many Excito features (e.g. the album or most part of the Horde installation). Hence for me, a bare Debian installation (that should be easier for Excito to make available) would be a really interesting alternative.

So, to summarize, my big wishes are:

1. an upgrade to a more recent Debian version; *or*
2. an alternative firmware containing Excito's kernel/drivers, but otherwise "bare Debian"

I would not mind paying a reasonable upgrade fee to (partly) compensate for the efforts it takes to adapt the recent Debian version for the B3 hardware.

Best regards,
Christian