New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Got mine!

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
CJNE

Got mine!

Post by CJNE »

Today i got my Bubba2 1 Tb :D
I haven't really done so much with it yet but i really like the idea of having a full blown linux box with very low power requirements. Copying over my stuff from the old linux server right now, it will take a while :P.
Bahurim

Post by Bahurim »

I am sooo anxious to get mine! I ordered through clip training for here in the States. Have the backorders been filled yet? Can you tell I'm anxious?

BTW CJNE are you only going to use yours for file server?
CJNE

Post by CJNE »

Bahurim wrote:I am sooo anxious to get mine! I ordered through clip training for here in the States. Have the backorders been filled yet? Can you tell I'm anxious?

BTW CJNE are you only going to use yours for file server?
I had pre-ordered mine, have been looking for a device like this for quite some time :). I'm in Sweden btw.
Primarily i'm going to use it to store my media files (iTunes and iPhoto data) and for running SqueezeCenter when that option becomes available.
I'm also using it as a router/firewall and will probably use the web server at some point.
I'm sure there are heaps of other cool things one do with it :)
Bahurim

Post by Bahurim »

CJNE wrote:
I'm sure there are heaps of other cool things one do with it :)
Sounds very close to what I plan to implement also. I want to also add email server that does virus / spam checks. Webmail for my wife will be handy too.

Good fortune with yours! There is also an uptime thread here abouts somewhere too.
yooakim

Great!

Post by yooakim »

I got my Bubba|Two today ;-)

It's up and running and I'm copying data to it. Nice with the 1GBits port!

And the packaging is so sweet!

Thanks to the Excito team for improving the original Bubba!
Eek

Post by Eek »

YES! :twisted:
got mine today
cheers
Eek
trencarbe

Post by trencarbe »

does somebody know what the shipment pace from Excito? Is one per day or a batch of 2-10 pieces a day?
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

We still have a very high order pressure, and are doing our best to scale up our production and shipping.
As of now, all preorders are shipped and we are currently shipping new orders within approximately 2 weeks from order.

Regards
PA, Excito.
Bahurim

By air or sea?

Post by Bahurim »

I have been informed mine has shipped from Sweden but I was wondering if you guys ship to the US by air or sea? That would give me some idea of the timeframe that it should hit shore and be trackable.
johannes

Post by johannes »

It's shipped by air, with global mail services. Should reach you within a week from shipment, even though US customs sometimes tend to get too busy. Let us know after a week if you haven't got it, we can help you track it down further, if needed.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)