New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Curious about write/read speeds

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
joost

Curious about write/read speeds

Post by joost »

I'm just being curious about the speeds other people are getting when writing to/reading from Bubba Two internal hd.

When copying from pc to Bubba (1TB WD) over gigabit ethernet (with a Netgear WRN3500 in the middle) I reach somewhere between 6,5 and 7,1 MB/s.
The other way: copying from Bubba to pc is stuck at circa 5,9 MB/s.

How are you faring?
essence

Post by essence »

I get roughly 5% throughput either way between XP PC to Bubba|Two over a gigabit ethernet with a Netgear GS608 switch in the middle.
(roughly = measured via Windows Task Manager)
MartinHageras

Post by MartinHageras »

I get about 4-5 MB/s copying to Bubba from XP on 100Mbit and through my Linksys router using FTP.
Puma

Post by Puma »

Hello,

I'm getting 6 - 6,5 Mb/ps with windows XP to bubba and in between a Gigabit switch make NETGEAR

Is better performance possible??

Puma
carl

Post by carl »

Puma wrote:Hello,

I'm getting 6 - 6,5 Mb/ps with windows XP to bubba and in between a Gigabit switch make NETGEAR

Is better performance possible??

Puma
do you mean Megabit or Megabyte there?

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
squadra

Post by squadra »

wireless network: WRT54GC

ftp transfer from bubba to PC : around 24 Mbps
ftp transfer from PC to bubba: arround 10 Mbps

Received 11760168 bytes in 4.6 secs, (24.68 Mbps), transfer succeeded

Not even 3 Megabytes per second using wireless, i guess i have to wire some pc's or know what settings to tweak.
carl

Post by carl »

The current speeds I get from a bubbatwo I have here via FTP is 9 MB/s download and 6.76MB/s upload. Things like samba will go much faster when we will activate the crypto module in the processor.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
joost

Post by joost »

Hi Carl, any idea when to expect the crypto-module-activation-update? And how much of a speed increase could that give?

Thanks!
squadra

Post by squadra »

After all updates my file tranferr is 5 times lower :-(

past: ftp transfer from bubba to PC : around 24 Mbps
now: ftp transfer from bubba to PC : around 5 Mbps (megabit...)

same network configuration... Transferring data to another mounted disk takes a whole day :-(((
pa

Post by pa »

Something does not seem right...

Can you provide us with your setup?

Are you using just LAN?
Wired/wireless?
If wired, gigabit network or 100Mbit?

Bubba as dhcp server?

All updates, does that mean you have updated the bootloader + lastet updates for linux?

/PA
squadra

Post by squadra »

Im using it in LAN (router is my dhcp server: network scenario 6 in manual). Wireless gigabit connection (apple). But even if i mount an external USB drive to bubba it transfers very slow. In the past i got half of capacity of my network but now not anymore.

I updated starting from scratch. Then i got one error message concerning PHP on which i opened a post concerning update on this forum. All i experience is something bad with firefly (it crashes) but nothing i can relate to slow transferr speed.

I did:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
/usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
(and fixt shis in init.d)
Bootloader upgrade

And i don't have installed other things like subversion to find out where it goes wrong. I can give you ssh access because for me the log is abracadabra.

Thanks, Maarten
pa

Post by pa »

Can you have the USB-drive connected and send me an email with account information?

/PA
squadra

Post by squadra »

THANKS PA!!!

It seems i don't have to use windows explorer to copy files wireless (even when i copy to attached usb storrage), using linux command goes faster and wired my ftp rate is arround 72MBps (wireless it is 15-28 depending which computer or time or whatever) so this is not a bubba issue :-)