New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba Two Review

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
ian

Bubba Two Review

Post by ian »

Although I don't own a bubba Two, there is an interesting (and generally positive) review of it in the current issue of the British magazine PCW: http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer- ... a-two-home

The same reviewer wrote the review of the original bubba last year, which led directly to me buying my bubba.

I can happily state that I haven't regretted my purchase for one moment, and would go as far to say that it is probably the best pice of computer kit that I have ever bought; it's reliable, flexible, fun to experiment with and it made my wife very happy, by allowing us to relegate our CD collection to an upstairs cupboard!!
Clive

Post by Clive »

I totally agree with your comments. One reason I have yet to upgrade to Bubba 2 is that my Bubba one still works so well. Though I am sorely tempted, I think the W-LAN module will finally swing me when it arrives.
ian

Post by ian »

I must admit to being tempted to buy another bubba (one), as they're so cheap from the excito shop. Not sure I could get that one past my wife though!!
davidI

Post by davidI »

Just read the review would like to emphasise one point they made and correct one error:

The point about providing links in the admin interface to the media servers is very good. Excito should take note IMHO :). At least links to the daap and mediatomb servers would be very useful - although there is a small issue regarding the port numbers as these are sometimes dynamically chosen.

The error is that MySQL IS part of the initial system.
It is used by mt-daap. :)