New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

OPI...

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
DanielM

OPI...

Post by DanielM »

Hi all.
(This post is completely off topic. If some moderator (other than myself) deletes this post I won't be angry. However if someone with higher permissions than me creates an off topic corner in this forum somewhere and moves the post there I'll be happy)

I'd just like to notice that the former Excito guys Tor and PA have launched a campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds for their OPI (OpenProducts Information hub). From my gut feeling it seems like a really nice idea, so I put some money in there. Anyone else?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opi- ... gital-life

/Daniel
Ubi

Re: OPI...

Post by Ubi »

Looks cool.
They even split the OS disk and user disk and boot from a 2GB flash. Max disk is 64GB ssd so not really aimed at mass storage. It'll be interesting to see how they solved the dynDNS issue with this new machine.
Nöbbe

Post by Nöbbe »

DanielM wrote: [...] Anyone else?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opi- ... gital-life

/Daniel
Yes, I too thinks it is a really nice project and have bought one! It will be a great complement to my B2.
sgadd

Post by sgadd »

I have also ordered one.
It will not replace my B3 but it will become a nice supplement. I still think B3 is a nice server.
OPI will help me having recent backups of my phone. Specially contacts and similar stuff. I don't want to give all informaiton about my friends to Google. Some of my friends have chosen to not giva all their information to google. Then I should not send it to Google either.

/Staffan