New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

My first B3, finally up and running

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
kennywest

My first B3, finally up and running

Post by kennywest »

All,

My router has always been a PC, or something Intel based. The last one that served my needs was a Wyse 9455xl. This is basically a small PC with a mini-itx inside. It had an onboard network card and a riser card to add an additional PCI device. I replaced the IDE flash card with a normal IDE drive. This device has been running for the past 6 years, without any problems. Unfortunately, the device has become older than the surrounding network and my provider's broadband connection. So, early this year, I bought a B3.
- the box has a 1 TB WD green drive
- Debian Wheezy (thanks to this forum)
- iptables for firwalling / masquerading
- Samba 4.1.4 as an active directory, backed by Bind for DNS, this AD is used to authenticate my Linux and Windows desktops
- NFS
- cups for print server

It took me quite some time to compile (these are Samba 4.1.4 sernet source packages) and configure everything and today, I finally migrated from the Wyse to the B3. I hope it will serve me well for the next 6 years :)