New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Any B3's for sale in Europe?

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
stasheck

Any B3's for sale in Europe?

Post by stasheck »

Hi, is there anyone who wants to part with his (her) B3?

For US-based guys, here's a pretty good deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Excito-B3-Mini ... Sw-4pZz9DF

Unfortunately, while unit price is 10$, shipping to Poland is over 30$ :/
Gordon

Re: Any B3's for sale in Europe?

Post by Gordon »

~35 euros doesn't sound that bad to me and given the base price customs should leave it alone as well. Also, I just checked what postage would cost me for Poland and that rates at 18.50 euros and I wouldn't want to sell my spare unit for a price that this would make it worth while to you.

I'm actually tempted by that eBay offer, particularly as it appears to be WiFi versions.
stasheck

Post by stasheck »

Perhaps you're right, 50 $ for 2 B3s is not bad :)
pompopom

Post by pompopom »

Thanks for pointing to this ebay offer.
Just ordered 2 (55€ transport included to Belgium)

ETA first half of April.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I still have two B3s lying around here (Germany), the board of one of them might be broken though.
If someone is interested, I'll check how functional they are.
ahoff

Post by ahoff »

stasheck wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 08:25
Unfortunately, while unit price is 10$, shipping to Poland is over 30$ :/
I believe I payed about £400 or $480 for my first B3 when they were first launched. But it was including a 500GB WD Green and no WiFi.
Åke Hoff
Örskogen
Sweden
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Stryker wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 17:20 I still have two B3s lying around here (Germany), the board of one of them might be broken though.
If someone is interested, I'll check how functional they are.
I've got one Wifi and one LAN version case and boards.
I named the boards beta and gamma.

Beta and Gamma both boot a disk with a Debian wheezy Kernel 2.6.39.4-11 #1 Tue Apr 3 21:45:12 FET 2012 armv5tel GNU/Linux, I think it's an old version of Mouette's debian image.
They both give the same string about the bootloader (U-Boot 2013.01.01-b3-rodeus-gab59ad7 (Apr 21 2017 - 16:32:01) ), but the LED behaviour is different.
Beta lights only purple to blue, while Gamma goes white-purple-blue, which is the behaviour for the newer Rodeus U-Boot I flashed.
Beta either has an older U-Boot, or it's the broken green LED (LED goes off when I force green mode).
I don't know whether they both will boot a newer image.

I have the HDD mounting braces and screws for both of them and one set of sticky thermal pads for the HDD. Also two 12V PSU with a Type C Europlug and one set of Wifi antennae for the wifi case.
One case has some thick shock-absorber feet on it to deal with vibration noise.

DHL Shipping in the EU will be either 9 Euro without tracking or 14 Euro WITH tracking.