New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

HomeAutomation 2.0

"The best web gui for controlling your home using Telldus Tellstick"
fereous

Re: HomeAutomation 2.0

Post by fereous »

Thanks, Daniel. I will have another go in the next couple days.

//Thomas
fereous

Post by fereous »

Hm,when I follow the steps for console based installation in the Telldus wiki, I end up with this:

Code: Select all

root@b3:~# apt-get install telldus-core
Läser paketlistor... Färdig
Bygger beroendeträd         
Läser tillståndsinformation... Färdig
telldus-core är redan den senaste versionen.
0 att uppgradera, 0 att nyinstallera, 0 att ta bort och 0 att inte uppgradera.
Must've forgot to uninstall something … Oh well, back to scouring the forum for information morsels.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

fereous wrote:

telldus-core är redan den senaste versionen.
Ok, then telldus-core is installed from the repository. Seems like it's broken in some way. You might try removing it and installing it again:

apt-get purge telldus-core
apt-get install telldus-core
And maybe also remove all traces of manually installed telldus stuff in between. If you installed from source using make install, go to the same place and run a "make uninstall".

/Daniel
fereous

Post by fereous »

Tack Daniel! I will try this later on, but right now my head is spinning from the various steps of the installation.

One more question for now, though: How is it that telldus-core 2.0.4 is installed by »apt-get install« and not 2.1.1? Any special reason to prefer the older version?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

fereous wrote:One more question for now, though: How is it that telldus-core 2.0.4 is installed by »apt-get install« and not 2.1.1? Any special reason to prefer the older version?
Nooooo... The version that is installed by apt-get IS 2.1.1. If you still got 2.0.4 then that must be some old remains of an old installation. Did you really check that there was no telldus-core left in the system after doing the apt-get purge?

/Daniel
fereous

Post by fereous »

Still working on this. The 2.0.4 installation is extremly stubborn to get rid of. And it just dawned on me that the Telldus forum is the appropriate place for questions about installing Telldus software … :) Thanks for your help so far, Daniel, and no doubt I'll be back soon.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Well, in fact users seldom have any problems with HomeAutomation, practically all support they need has with either telldus or cron/at to do. So I'm used :wink:

A tip for finding anything telldus related is to use the locate command. I don't know if it's installed from scratch or if it needs to be installed (using apt-get install mlocate), but once installed you just do a locate telldus to find anything...

/Daniel
fereous

Post by fereous »

Update: I gave the Telldus people access to my B3, and they installed the Telldus software by specifying the version, thusly:

apt-get install telldus-core=2.1.1-1
According to them, the Telldus packages are already included in Excito’s B3 archive, which is why the older version kept being pulled.
In one of my previous installation attempts, I tried the trick of commenting out all lines except the Telldus one in /etc/apt/sources.list, to no avail. Oh well, at least it’s working now. Now on to Home Automation!
fereous

Post by fereous »

Yet Another Update (last one, promise): Everything sorted out and HomeAutomation running.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

fereous wrote:According to them, the Telldus packages are already included in Excito’s B3 archive, which is why the older version kept being pulled.
Oh, that's true. The version at http://b3.update.excito.org/pool/main/t/telldus-core/ is really old. Could I please ask Excito to either remove it from the repository or replace it with the latest version from http://download.telldus.com/debian/pool/stable/?

Nice to hear that everything's now solved. Our experience is that once telldus-core is installed and working, installation of Homeautomation is a breeze 8)

/Daniel
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Just like to notice that 3.0 has now been released. Check http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5185.

/Daniel