New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Telldus-core now installable via repository

"The best web gui for controlling your home using Telldus Tellstick"
DanielM

Telldus-core now installable via repository

Post by DanielM »

Hi all!
I'd just like to make a note here. Telldus has released a major upgrade of telldus-core and now they've actually fixed an armel package for it. This means that all B3 users can install using apt-get instead of hassling with compilation of sources. Just follow the steps on http://developer.telldus.com/wiki/TellS ... tionUbuntu (under the heading "Console based installation").

Another big difference is that there is now a daemon running in the background, which also catches stuff from the receiver in Tellstick Duo (for those lucky enough to already have one).

Please note that if installing from package the tdtool binary ends up in /usr/bin instad of /usr/local/bin which is the default if compiling, so Homeautomation users have to change that in the configuration. Also I initially had some problems with the scheduling, because of tdtool returning much faster from calls now. Please contact me if you experience the same and we'll solve it.

/Daniel
merik

Re: Telldus-core now installable via repository

Post by merik »

Hi!
I think i did what you mention, but after the update i cant reach the tellstick.
It says "Turning on device 2, G:A SOVRUM - TellStick not found".
You wrote "Please note that if installing from package the tdtool binary ends up in /usr/bin instad of /usr/local/bin ". Where should i do that change?

/Mattias
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

merik wrote:I think i did what you mention, but after the update i cant reach the tellstick.
It says "Turning on device 2, G:A SOVRUM - TellStick not found".
Try unplugging the tellstick and plugging it again, might help.
merik wrote:You wrote "Please note that if installing from package the tdtool binary ends up in /usr/bin instad of /usr/local/bin ". Where should i do that change?
There is a setting in homeautomation labelled "path to tdtool" (or something similar). It tells homeautomation where to look for tdtool.

/Daniel
merik

Post by merik »

No, it dosn't work. I still get tellstck not found.
The tellstick works then i have it on my computer.

/mattias
merik

Post by merik »

It seems to work now. I took it out and put it in to the computer and test it in the computer and after that it works in the bubba. Strange, because i have restarted the bubba and i have also unplugged and plugged in the tellstick several times.

Thanks Mattias
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

How do I remove the old (telldus core 2.0.4) source installation before I install it via repository?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

dumbo wrote:How do I remove the old (telldus core 2.0.4) source installation before I install it via repository?
You delete the files manually 8)

If I'm not misremembering you have to delete /usr/local/bin/tdtool, /usr/local/bin/rfcmd and /usr/local/lib/libtelldus*. And remember to take a backup of /etc/tellstick.conf before installing, it might get wiped.

/Daniel
Jockewhbg

Post by Jockewhbg »

I´m aiming for the Tellstick Duo when it might be available again. It would be interesting to know how the receive part might be used in the B3. Can it be used to receive data from WeatherStations with weatherparse? I´m very curious.

I´m also wondering if anyone knows what protocol the Georg Jensen temperaturesensors are using?

Regards

Jocke