New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BubbaMon v0.12 is now available

The wonderful Firefox plugin for Excito's products
6feet5

BubbaMon v0.12 is now available

Post by 6feet5 »

I haven't had much time to work on this, so the only changes are a bumped max version so it now support the new Firefox 5 and updated links to the homepage so they point at the new dyndns address.

Note that there is still an issue with the authentication problem in the bubba firmware (does not affect B1). A workaround for B2 and B3 is available in this thread.

The new version can be downloaded from my homepage

It is recommended to uninstall older versions of bubbamon before installing this one. I've changed the ID that firefox uses to identify the plugin so firefox might be fooled to think this is a brand new plugin, not an upgrade, and then try to run two instances at same time, one with the old ID and one with the new one. To be on the safe side, uninstall current version then install the new one.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

/Johan
Binkem

Re: BubbaMon v0.12 is now available

Post by Binkem »

Thanks yet again for one of the most useful Bubba tools

Martijn
Puma

Post by Puma »

Johan,

Thanks for this great software!

I use it all the time!

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
linuxtrap

Post by linuxtrap »

Hello

I have now tried to set up BubbaMon on 3 different B3's
And my observation is:
You have to do: apt-get install hddtemp

And there is always problem with connecting to your B3
Can this have something to do with user and groups ?

Hope you can add some lines how to set up a brand new B3 on your homepage.

PT
PS - Thanks for your great work, BubbaMon is great !
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

I thought hddtemp was installed by default (at least I think it was on B2, but I could be wrong), but now that you mention it, I seem to remember installing it manually on my B3. I will add it to the doc when I get back.
linuxtrap wrote:And there is always problem with connecting to your B3
That's my firewall stopping you from accessing my B3 ;-)
linuxtrap wrote:Can this have something to do with user and groups ?
My crystal ball is broken so you need to give me more information than that. You're the only one so far to report this problem so chances are you're doing something wrong in the setup. Explain what text you enter in which textbox (when configuring BubbaMon) and what the result is when you press "Verify address".

/Johan

PS I'm going on vacation and access to internet will be intermittent, so my response may take a while. Good thing there are plenty of other helpful guys (and gals?) on this forum.
linuxtrap

Post by linuxtrap »

Hello

SOLVED

I suddenly remembered the changes you have to do in:
/usr/share/web-admin/admin/controllers/stat.php

Must have been drunk the first time i did it, and forgot all about it.
Even you have warned us about it, that's how it is with this old brains.

Have a nice vacation! and take care.

PT
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Ok, good thing you got it working.

/Johan
bigmoose

Post by bigmoose »

Cant reach the bubbamon now tho :(

Thanx anyway for the good work!
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

That's my ISP "providing their services". It's been down for a while during the day, but I think it is up and running again. I noticed it since I no longer could stream music from my server.

I'm in the process of moving to a web hotel (mostly done), with my own domain name, so that I no longer depend on my ISP and DynDNS. Let's hope this improves uptime. I feel it can't get worse (hope I didn't jinx it now).

Try again, or better yet, try the new one at http://stenarson.com and let me now if you encounter any problems.

/Johan
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

...and yesterday my Firefox updated to version 6. This is completely insane. Do they change anything else than the number between their releases???

/Daniel
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

This is completely insane.
Couldn't have said it better my self.

Apparently they now use a "rapid release cycle". This will make it harder for me to keep up with them, but with this short period between releases they will hopefully not have time to do big changes that can break my add-on. I'm hoping it will be only a matter of bumping the max version in one of the files, but still.

I'm updating to FF6 now and will do some testing.

/Johan
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Maybe they pulled a RedHat 8?

(now letme see if anyone got that analogy, or that I really am quite old)
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:Maybe they pulled a RedHat 8?

(now letme see if anyone got that analogy, or that I really am quite old)
Let me see if I'm remembering correctly... Everyone thought there'd be a 7.4, and then they suddenly released 8 instead, right? I was a Redhat user since 7.something. And I don't think I'm old :D

Seriously, I think the thing must be that some survey has showed that many users prefer IE over FF because they think 9 is better than 3, so now the Firefox team are just fiddling with the numbers to get higher than Micro$oft. Often people are very much more stupid than one can imagine...

/Daniel
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

just fiddling with the numbers to get higher than Micro$oft
The company I work for has done similar ploys with version numbers, and for several different reasons.
A long time ago, our flagship product was only available on Unix platforms. We joined a partnership with another company that was going to use our source code and port it to Windows.
I think our product was version 4.x or something at the time.
The partnership turned bad, and when the other company released their product (the first version) it was labelled version 6.
Of course our next release was version 10.

They have also done similar things on several products when it was time for version 13.
Marketing people obviously did not think 13 was sounding too good, so it had to be skipped.
For reasons unknown to me, 14 was also skipped, so after 12.x came 15.x...
:-)
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

DanielM wrote:Seriously, I think the thing must be that some survey has showed that many users prefer IE over FF because they think 9 is better than 3, so now the Firefox team are just fiddling with the numbers to get higher than Micro$oft. Often people are very much more stupid than one can imagine...
Right idea, wrong competitor. I believe it was due to Chrome eating into their market share.