New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BubbaMon v0.19 available

The wonderful Firefox plugin for Excito's products
6feet5

BubbaMon v0.19 available

Post by 6feet5 »

Changes:
  • Connecting more than one disk caused incorrect disk temperature reading.
  • Fixed a B1 issue, introduced in previous version
  • Added support for Firefox 13
The new version is available at the project page

/Johan
DanielM

Re: BubbaMon v0.19 available

Post by DanielM »

No matter what I do I just get "Couldn't locate a supported BUBBA server at address." when trying to set Bubbamon up. My B3 is fully updated. What could cause this?

/Daniel
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hmm, I haven't changed this from previous version.

What address are you using in your settings? It should be something like "http://b3", no admin/web-admin stuff after the host address.

Have you done any changes to the web admin interface. The detection depend on a standard interface for detection.

Also, does this happen only when you press "Verify address" in settings? Have you tried enter an address and just skip the test and press "Ok"?

What do you get if you enter the address from settings + "admin/login/index" in the address field; ie your setting is "http://b3" so you enter "http://b3/admin/login/index" in the address field of Firefox?

/Johan
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

6feet5 wrote:Also, does this happen only when you press "Verify address" in settings? Have you tried enter an address and just skip the test and press "Ok"?
Oh. Pressing "Ok" actually worked. Stupidly enough I never tested that, since "Verify address" gave me errors all the time. Seems like the verification is broken in some way?

Surfing to "http://b3/admin/login/index" takes me to the same place as simply "http://b3/admin". I have never changed anything in the web interface.

Oh, and about you not having changed anything from previous version... I never said it worked in the previous version... :wink:

/Daniel
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

DanielM wrote:Oh, and about you not having changed anything from previous version... I never said it worked in the previous version... :wink:
True :-)

I think I now what might be the problem. Am I right in guessing your B3 system language isn't english? I just looked at the code, and it is searching for "B3 - Home" somewhere in the HTML response, which in my case is the page title. A different system language would probably make this "high tech detection algorithm" fail :D

I'll fix it to next version.

/Johan
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

6feet5 wrote: I think I now what might be the problem. Am I right in guessing your B3 system language isn't english? I just looked at the code, and it is searching for "B3 - Home" somewhere in the HTML response, which in my case is the page title. A different system language would probably make this "high tech detection algorithm" fail :D
So you are saying you use english in your settings? Landsförrädare! :D

/Daniel

edit: Oh, by the way, another thing: Would it be possible to include some way of updating on demand? I have my update interval set to 600 seconds, it's normally not necessary to spam my server with more requests than that. Sometimes I want to check exactly how things look like with my downloads though. Or maybe it could simply refresh when clicked?
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Great idea. +1
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Agreed, good idea. I'll add it to the todo list.

/Johan
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Oh, by the way: My Bubbamon says my /home partition is 906.1 kB. That is not correct. In fact it's like a million times bigger :D

/Daniel
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

It's in MB, so it's 906.1kBMB :roll:

I'll fix that too.

/Johan
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

I have bubbamon v0.19 installed on Firefox v14.
From time to time it seems to fail to connect and I see the following:

Testing the connection to BUBBA comes back as successful, yet no display.
I believe this has only started happening with this version (14) of Firefox.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

Same problem here. It may be (not sure yet) that this only happens when i'm at home trying to connect to my B3 via my external domain. I will try to keep track and see if this is true.
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

I connect via my internal network only - PC (192.168.1.2) and B2 (192.168.1.3).

Like I said, sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't, but as I only noticed this a couple of days ago, I haven't seen any pattern yet.
Puma

Post by Puma »

Try to run a second firefox (not an other tab but complete start second running firefox)

Helps for me.....

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

It's currently working, but I will try your suggestions next time it stops working.