New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BubbaServer (b1) etch rc2 release

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
Boy

Post by Boy »

albert wrote:As of yesterday, Feb 14th, Lenny is officially out!
Yes, I've heard this as well. Can´t wait to have an Bubba Image based on Lenny.

@Carl: What about my previous question ? Does is make sense ?
kastrom

Post by kastrom »

Since this last update my Bubba stops responding after one to two days. All I can do is to remove the power. Anyone else with problem?

Edit: Sorry wrong Bubba! I'll post this in the right thread.

/Kent
albert

Post by albert »

Don't want to press you guys. But is there any date set for the update of the old Bubba? I know you guys are busy, and have a great product, just don't want you to forget the 'old' bubba customers.

Thanks,

Albert
carl

Post by carl »

albert wrote:Don't want to press you guys. But is there any date set for the update of the old Bubba? I know you guys are busy, and have a great product, just don't want you to forget the 'old' bubba customers.

Thanks,

Albert
We are working on it, but it takes up to 8 hours for each package to compile :)

/Catl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
albert

Post by albert »

Thanks Carl,

no worries. Really appreciate your efforts.

- Albert
Festa

Post by Festa »

Carl,

Any update on an ETA for the Lenny image? I have managed to do something pretty stupid and am going to need to rebuild my Bubba's OS, so if it is likely to be available soon I will wait, otherwise will crack on with the last Etch image.

Regards and thanks for your efforts,

Festa
carl

Post by carl »

Festa wrote:Carl,

Any update on an ETA for the Lenny image? I have managed to do something pretty stupid and am going to need to rebuild my Bubba's OS, so if it is likely to be available soon I will wait, otherwise will crack on with the last Etch image.

Regards and thanks for your efforts,

Festa
Hello,

There was a rather good progress, though I had the problem getting sick, and thus the progression speed went down; If you want I can have an raw image released in a day or two (i.e. an version without any major specific bubba packages, only two extra, gpioapp and the keyring).

/Carl
support@excito.com
rweststr

Post by rweststr »

Hi,

A minimal Lenny image would be great! Was waiting as well for this one...

Gr R
MaxM

Post by MaxM »

I think i read that the linux kernel itself is stored in the flash of bubba and the rest of the OS is on disk. How does the update work, does it update the kernel as well?
vecka53

Architecture ARM vs ARMEL

Post by vecka53 »

Hi!
I have upgraded my "etchoverlay"-dist to Lenny.

I was looking ahead of Lenny because I needed a package from Squeeze and saw no packages for the ARM architecture. ARM was replaced with ARMEL. This means that the current Bubba Server won't install any newer packages than Lenny, because it only finds packages for the ARM-architecture! Is it possible to make the Bubba Server ARMEL, and if so; how?

/Markus
rweststr

Post by rweststr »

He Carl,

How are things going with that lenny image? Hope it will be ready soon :-).

Cheers,
Ronald
JohanSalo

Post by JohanSalo »

hi, I have done something stupid as well and need to reinstall in this week. which image shall I install Etch or wait for Lenny?

what is the ETA on Lenny?

BR
Johan
carl

Post by carl »

JohanSalo wrote:hi, I have done something stupid as well and need to reinstall in this week. which image shall I install Etch or wait for Lenny?

what is the ETA on Lenny?

BR
Johan
I just released the raw lenny image (se announcement)
support@excito.com
Darrellham

BubbaServer b1 etch rc2 release

Post by Darrellham »

This warning is for those people who have modified their /etc/apt/sources.list to include debian sources and pointed these against debian stable.

Since Debian Etch was released the 8th of April. This means that any sources that point to debian stable will now point against debian etch instead of the previously stable debian sarge.

If you have sources like this and happens to do a firmware upgrade via web-admin things will most likely go wrong.
Biinary options system
Gordon

Re: BubbaServer (b1) etch rc2 release

Post by Gordon »

Have to ask: are you the ghost of Christmas past?