New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New release for BubbaTwo: 1.0.13

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
carl

New release for BubbaTwo: 1.0.13

Post by carl »

Release notes for BubbaTwo 1.0.13
After a really long delay, I'm happy to release an upgrade to BubbaTwo software.
Following fixes has been made in this release:
  • New upgrade manager - The upgrade manager has been rewritten from scratch to allow easier upgrades and installs in the future.
  • Horde has been upgrade and modified to better support international character sets.
  • The user interface for the firewall settings has been upgraded, and many bugs and features in the firewall has been resolved/implemented. Added possibility to open ports to the BubbaTwo directly from the web interface.
  • Possibility to install and enable SqueezeCenter from the Services menu. (i.e. SqueezeCenter has been released!!!)
  • Better support for BubbaMon
A known issue at this upgrade, is that during upgrade, the web interface will timeout; The upgrade will take around 7 minutes, depending on download speed. This kind of timeout issues has been hopefully totally resolved in the new upgrade manager.

This upgrade contains new upgraded dpkg, which will help people still stuck on rc7 to upgrade the system.

The new upgrader is the same used for installing SqueezeCenter.

The new functionality in the firewall to allow using external IP in port forward from an intranet device, requires that the port forward in question is remade.

/Carl Fürstenberg
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
bervan

update error

Post by bervan »

Hi,

I tried an Update from the Web UI, but maybe this is not the correct procedure?

It get the following error:

Updating available sources... done
Checking for updates... done
2 package(s) to update.Upgrading...
OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
carl

Re: update error

Post by carl »

bervan wrote:Hi,

I tried an Update from the Web UI, but maybe this is not the correct procedure?

It get the following error:

2 package(s) to update.Upgrading...
OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
No, it's a know issue with the old updater; just wait ca. 10 minutes, and your system should been upgraded.

/Carl
support@excito.com
pa

Post by pa »

Of course as soon as you release something issues are immediately found.

An error that rusults in that any ports opened directly to bubba (by checking or unchecking boxes in the firewall configuration or adding local port openings) will be reset to default values when rebooted.

This has been fixed and a new release was made today Dec 19 at 13.00 CET.
If you have already upgraded, just update the system again.

This bug only affects users that have upgraded to 1.0.13 prior to the above date.

/PA
peter

Post by peter »

How can I see the update has taken place?

I updated the bubba, waited more than 15 minutes.
After logging in again the system reported version 1.0.8-1.
After rebooting the system and looking again still version 1.0.8-1 was shown.
Pressing the update button again reports the following:
0 package(s) to update.No packages to update at this moment.

I expected version 1.0.13 or is this wrong?
jws

Re: New release for BubbaTwo: 1.0.13

Post by jws »

carl wrote:Release notes for BubbaTwo 1.0.13
After a really long delay, I'm happy to release an upgrade to BubbaTwo software.
Following fixes has been made in this release:[..]
Am I correct in thinking that the kernel (and its modules) are not involved in this upgrade? I.e. no nfs-kernel-server support yet? My system is not really a "standard" Bubba2 anymore, so I am not quite sure what is supposed to happen after apt-get update / apt-get dist-upgrade.
/jws
carl

Re: New release for BubbaTwo: 1.0.13

Post by carl »

jws wrote:
carl wrote:Release notes for BubbaTwo 1.0.13
Following fixes has been made in this release:[..]
Am I correct in thinking that the kernel (and its modules) are not involved in this upgrade? I.e. no nfs-kernel-server support yet? My system is not really a "standard" Bubba2 anymore, so I am not quite sure what is supposed to happen after apt-get update / apt-get dist-upgrade.
/jws
Sadly yes; Due to the change to the 2.6.27 kernel, we have decide to wait until we ship that kernel (haven't fully tested it yet), instead of having two different releases. so there is no updates on that part in this upgrade.

/Carl
support@excito.com
guslid

Won't upgrade

Post by guslid »

I see the same behaviour as peter above, my bubba detects no new updates:

Code: Select all

0 package(s) to update.No packages to update at this moment.
I too am currently on 1.0.8-1. I have only tried using the web-gui for updating, would logging in and issuing commands do any difference?

/Gustav
Tompa

Post by Tompa »

I installed this upgrade from SSH and everything looked fine, but when I try to reach the services menu I get this:

Code: Select all

fatal error: Call to undefined function is_installed() in /usr/share/web-admin/admin/system/application/controllers/services.php on line 37
I have the "beta" squeezecenter installed from earlier, could that be the issue?

Also I recieve php-errors at the firewall page:

I'm using the Chrome web browser.

/Tompa
peter

Post by peter »

Looks like a manual apt-get dist-upgrade did the trick.
After logging in version 1.0.13 is shown. Also a slightly changed web interface is visible.
carl

Post by carl »

peter wrote:Looks like a manual apt-get dist-upgrade did the trick.
After logging in version 1.0.13 is shown. Also a slightly changed web interface is visible.
Sorry for the inconvenience; Hopefully this kind of issues is in the past now.

/Carl
support@excito.com
davidI

upgrade broke my connection to firefly.

Post by davidI »

After the upgrade the firefly server disappeared from the network - it was not seen by my Roku soundbridge nor by amarok on my PC.

editing the file /etc/init.d/disable-offload and changing the line from
/usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
to
#/usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
Has fixed the problem.

This line was,I believe, added by the update, so you need to look further to fix the problem that that line was supposed to fix. It is no good breaking one thing to fix another.
carl

Re: upgrade broke my connection to firefly.

Post by carl »

davidI wrote:After the upgrade the firefly server disappeared from the network - it was not seen by my Roku soundbridge nor by amarok on my PC.

editing the file /etc/init.d/disable-offload and changing the line from
/usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
to
#/usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
Has fixed the problem.

This line was,I believe, added by the update, so you need to look further to fix the problem that that line was supposed to fix. It is no good breaking one thing to fix another.
That doesn't sounds logical, due to the above command only have the effect to disabling the hardware checksum calculation of tcp packages, and instead having the processor manually calculate them. I suspect is more of an coincidence that this happened. Though if it happens more, I will look into it.

/Carl
support@excito.com
davidI

Post by davidI »

Maybe not, but it is repeatable.

1) /usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx off tx off
/etc/init.d/mt-daapd restart

Soundbridge cannot find the bubba.

2) /usr/sbin/ethtool -K eth1 rx on tx on
/etc/init.d/mt-daapd restart

soundbridge can see the bubba again.

I repeated (1) and (2) as many times as I had the patience for, but it remains consistent.
If something seems illogical then I suggest you examine your assumptions again. Where does the bug lie - in the ethernet hardware or in the CPU? Or maybe there are 2 bugs that work against each other in odd ways?
udo

Post by udo »

I got the same message as Peter and Gustav above, "0 package(s) to update.No packages to update at this moment."

apt-get dist-upgrade does not install anything either.

I'm still stuck on 1.0.8-1.

All suggestions and solutions are welcome.