BubbaServer (b1) lenny-raw image

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
Post Reply
carl
Posts: 474
Joined: 07 May 2008, 04:41

BubbaServer (b1) lenny-raw image

Post by carl » 25 Mar 2009, 09:00

I have tested and uploaded an semi-raw lenny image for BubbaServer (b1) now;
The image can be located at http://update.excito.net/install/bubba- ... lenny/raw/

There are three extra packages for this image ontop the base lenny installation;
1. bubba-gpioapp - handles the led (blink/lit/off)
2. udev - a must forward-port of an older version, as the current version in lenny isn't compatible with the somewhat old kernel in the BubbaOne.
3. excito-keyring - our keyring so you can authenticate packages from us

i hope this will make many people happy, and I hope we will be able to release a full lenny release soon.

/Carl Fürstenberg - excito dev
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com

mouche
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 15:23

Post by mouche » 25 Mar 2009, 15:26

Awesome!
Should i dare to ask for a release schedule?

MaxM
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Dec 2008, 10:39

Post by MaxM » 25 Mar 2009, 16:58

Nice Job!
Is it possible to update the kernel in bubba1 or is that way into dangeorus territory (if it's stored in flash memory) ?

carl
Posts: 474
Joined: 07 May 2008, 04:41

Post by carl » 25 Mar 2009, 17:02

MaxM wrote:Nice Job!
Is it possible to update the kernel in bubba1 or is that way into dangeorus territory (if it's stored in flash memory) ?
It is possible, but it is highly dangerous territory; thus we couldn't ship an generic kernel upgrader. The risk is, that if the kernel fails to be fully upgraded, your bubba is basically bricked, and and low level programmer is required to restore the brick to an electric equipment.
But if you feel an urge that you must try, I will do my best to supply with all information required for an upgrade.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com

carl
Posts: 474
Joined: 07 May 2008, 04:41

Post by carl » 25 Mar 2009, 17:05

mouche wrote:Awesome!
Should i dare to ask for a release schedule?
I hope we can have an release in a couple of weeks.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com

Boy
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 10:43

Post by Boy » 26 Mar 2009, 04:27

Great news.
Just for my clarification, what it is the content of the image?
- Debian Lenny for Bubba CPU
- 3 packages you mentioned in the anouncement

So the web-administration is not working? Bit Torrent, FTP Server....

DanielM
Posts: 637
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 06:37
Location: Sweden

Post by DanielM » 26 Mar 2009, 08:21

WARNING, this install will reformat your harddrive. Any data on it will be lost.
Hmmm... So there will be no way of upgrading from Etch to Lenny without moving away my hundreds of gigs of films? It would be nice if the installer would wipe hda1 but leave hda2 intact. Or even better, let me change a row in my sources.list and just upgrading. But I guess that won't be possible?

/Daniel

carl
Posts: 474
Joined: 07 May 2008, 04:41

Post by carl » 26 Mar 2009, 08:21

Boy wrote:Great news.
Just for my clarification, what it is the content of the image?
- Debian Lenny for Bubba CPU
- 3 packages you mentioned in the anouncement

So the web-administration is not working? Bit Torrent, FTP Server....
Correct, this is just the "raw" image; The full image will hopefully be available soon.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com

vecka53
Posts: 17
Joined: 05 Dec 2007, 05:53

Post by vecka53 » 28 Mar 2009, 08:22

Hi!

I'm interested in howto update the kernel for b1.

/Markus

MaxM
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Dec 2008, 10:39

Post by MaxM » 27 Apr 2009, 14:10

Does anyone what kernel version lenny is designed to run on and what kernel is in bubba1 ?

spiff_man
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 13:34

A couple of weeks????

Post by spiff_man » 29 Apr 2009, 11:29

Well, a couple of weeks has gone since 25/3....

When can we expect a Lenny-release?

mouche
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 15:23

Post by mouche » 29 Apr 2009, 16:56

MaxM wrote:Does anyone what kernel version lenny is designed to run on and what kernel is in bubba1 ?
I use the lenny-raw image and uname -a says:
Linux bubba-raw 2.6.16.16 #1 Tue May 16 21:45:07 CEST 2006 armv4tl GNU/Linux

mabl
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 11:38

Re: A couple of weeks????

Post by mabl » 09 May 2009, 02:46

spiff_man wrote:Well, a couple of weeks has gone since 25/3....
When can we expect a Lenny-release?
I am in the process of reinstalling my bubba and it would be nice if it's worth the trouble of configuring the raw_image or wait for a full image.

Could you give any estimates? Anyway, I really like to thank you for your work, but don't forget to inform us users. :D

carl
Posts: 474
Joined: 07 May 2008, 04:41

Re: A couple of weeks????

Post by carl » 09 May 2009, 04:50

mabl wrote:
spiff_man wrote:Well, a couple of weeks has gone since 25/3....
When can we expect a Lenny-release?
I am in the process of reinstalling my bubba and it would be nice if it's worth the trouble of configuring the raw_image or wait for a full image.

Could you give any estimates? Anyway, I really like to thank you for your work, but don't forget to inform us users. :D
I think I can have an ready for release in the next week.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com

mabl
Posts: 7
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 11:38

Re: A couple of weeks????

Post by mabl » 09 May 2009, 07:37

carl wrote: I think I can have an ready for release in the next week.

/Carl
Great! That's what I wanted to hear :)

Post Reply