New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba|Two Software update 1.2.0

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
carl

Re: Bubba|Two Software update 1.2.0

Post by carl »

A note: It's not the filenames that matter, but the directory itself, All files in that directory is evaluated, regardless off name.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
nitram

Post by nitram »

carl wrote:
nitram wrote:
carl wrote: I think the problem might lie in the existence of /etc/apache2/sites-available/bubba443, as bubba contains (at least should) https information.

/Carl
I've now renamed all different bubba files to other names with different suffix. There is now only original bubba file in sites-available (which is a link) and the link in sites-enabled.

/etc/apache2/sites-available:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Jul 6 11:57 bubba -> /usr/share/bubba-frontend/apache.site
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Jul 6 17:09 bubba -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/bubba

Still no luck :-(

Webserver won't start because of that error in line 666:
bubba:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting web server (apache2)...Syntax error on line 666 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined class "/usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php"
failed!
Might be that one of the files have gotten an extra declaration where it shouldn't; Can you check that following command only returns one entry: "grep FastCgiExternalServer -R /etc/apache2/"; should result in:
test@bubba:/etc/apache2$ grep FastCgiExternalServer -R /etc/apache2/
/etc/apache2/conf.d/admin.conf:FastCgiExternalServer /usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php -socket fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -flush
/Carl
I got two :
bubba:/var/log# grep FastCgiExternalServer -R /etc/apache2/
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:FastCgiExternalServer /usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php -socket fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -flush
/etc/apache2/conf.d/admin.conf:FastCgiExternalServer /usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php -socket fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -flush

Martin
carl

Post by carl »

nitram wrote:
carl wrote:
nitram wrote:
I've now renamed all different bubba files to other names with different suffix. There is now only original bubba file in sites-available (which is a link) and the link in sites-enabled.

/etc/apache2/sites-available:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Jul 6 11:57 bubba -> /usr/share/bubba-frontend/apache.site
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Jul 6 17:09 bubba -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/bubba

Still no luck :-(

Webserver won't start because of that error in line 666:
bubba:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting web server (apache2)...Syntax error on line 666 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
FastCgiExternalServer: redefinition of previously defined class "/usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php"
failed!
Might be that one of the files have gotten an extra declaration where it shouldn't; Can you check that following command only returns one entry: "grep FastCgiExternalServer -R /etc/apache2/"; should result in:
test@bubba:/etc/apache2$ grep FastCgiExternalServer -R /etc/apache2/
/Carl
I got two :
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:FastCgiExternalServer /usr/share/web-admin/admin/index.php -socket fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -flush

Martin
Hmm, /etc/apache2/apache2.conf shouldn't have that clause in there, could it be you have added it there by your self? Anyway, remove that line and try again.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
nitram

Post by nitram »

carl wrote:
nitram wrote:
carl wrote:

/Carl
I got two :

Martin
Hmm, /etc/apache2/apache2.conf shouldn't have that clause in there, could it be you have added it there by your self? Anyway, remove that line and try again.

/Carl
Nope, did not add it myself. I will remove it as soon as i'm at home this afternoon and try again. Will let you know the outcome.

Martin
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello all,

Since the update i seem not to be able to send emails from the web interface (Horde).

The next message i get in return:
This is the mail system at host bubba.localdomain.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<swogberg@gmail.com>: host smtp.upcmail.nl[213.46.255.2] said: 552 5.2.0
CwHh1c0442ME5kW01wHiSd automated process detected unsolicited content (in
reply to end of DATA command)

Has anyone an idea?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
tor

Post by tor »

Hi pcrene,

When reading the error message you provide it seems like your email where caught in a spam-filter at smtp.upcmail.nl. Is this your outgoing SMTP server?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
asparak

Post by asparak »

pcrene wrote:Hello all,

Since the update i seem not to be able to send emails from the web interface (Horde).

The next message i get in return:
This is the mail system at host bubba.localdomain.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<swogberg@gmail.com>: host smtp.upcmail.nl[213.46.255.2] said: 552 5.2.0
CwHh1c0442ME5kW01wHiSd automated process detected unsolicited content (in
reply to end of DATA command)

Has anyone an idea?

Rene
Hi Rene,

That looks like a bounce from your ISP smtp.upcmail.nl. I'd say check your outbound smtp settings, just in case
nitram

Post by nitram »

carl wrote:
nitram wrote:
carl wrote:

/Carl
I got two :

Martin

/Carl
Hi Carl,

I removed the line in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf but got almost same output except for :

Syntax error on line 13 of /usr/share/bubba-frontend/apache.conf:
FastCgiExternalServer cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
failed!

Martin
nitram

Post by nitram »

nitram wrote:
carl wrote:
nitram wrote:
I got two :

Martin

/Carl
Hi Carl,

I removed the line in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf but got almost same output except for :

Syntax error on line 13 of /usr/share/bubba-frontend/apache.conf:
FastCgiExternalServer cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
failed!

Martin
I did a re-install of bubba (the rescue way) and all seem to work now.

Martin
scott-2

Post by scott-2 »

Hi PA,

Everything seems to be returning to normal. The WAN-side network issue appears to be related to my cable-modem handshake with bubba. Now it is working.

I ran:

Code: Select all

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -y update
It worked up to this point:

W: GPG error: http://ftp.se.debian.org etch Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9AA38DCD55BE302B
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. 
I ran the dpkg command and worked through the issues:

Setting up dhcp3-client (3.0.4-13ex4) ...

Configuration file `/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** dhclient.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? y
Installing new version of config file /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf ...

Setting up bubba-backend (1.1.6) ...
 Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/firewall ...
   /etc/rcS.d/S41firewall
 Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/disable-offload ...
   /etc/rc2.d/S99disable-offload
Creating directory /etc/skel/private
Creating directory /home/storage/extern
Setting up firewall...done.
Disable offload on wan/lan interfaces...done.

Setting up bubba-manual (1.1.2) ...
Setting up libphp-codeigniter (1.7.0-1) ...
Setting up bubba-frontend (1.1.2) ...
 Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/adminphp ...
   /etc/rc0.d/K20adminphp
   /etc/rc1.d/K20adminphp
   /etc/rc2.d/S20adminphp
   /etc/rc3.d/S20adminphp
   /etc/rc4.d/S20adminphp
   /etc/rc5.d/S20adminphp
   /etc/rc6.d/K20adminphp
Forcing reload of web server (apache2)... waiting .
spawn-fcgi.c.197: child spawned successfully: PID: 6090
At this point, I think, my LAN-WAN bridge was re-enabled. All devices in my home have internet access again.

Then I ran the second step:

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -y dist-upgrade
This is running as I write to you.
We are very sorry that the upgrade has failed and will do our best to resolve it as soon as possible, it is is of course our ambition that the upgrades shall go smoothly, and have done so in our test-setups.
If you place bubba as router again, although you do not have internet access Bubba should have access to the internet.

Regards
PA Nilsson, Excito.
Thanks for these words. I appreciate that you are a small company and everyone is working very hard.

I'll post again if I need more help. For now it seems good.

Btw, I recommend the very good Debian Reference Guide http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference to all newbies.
mike_nl

Post by mike_nl »

Hi @all,

i have a problem with the shown desktop from pim in the IE8.
The windows for addressbook and the other applications are to
small. In FireFox 3.0.11 all desktop apps are ok.
Is there something i have to or can change in the index webpage for
pim? Or is there something in the fixes for the next release?

Br, Mike
bolt

Post by bolt »

you guys are great, update works like a charm! The photoalbum is neat!
bervan

not happy with 1.2.0

Post by bervan »

I'm not happy with this release. I did an upgrade from the previous release and the bubba stops responding daily. Browsing wend fine but the AFP shares stopt (lost connection), no admin page, no itunes streaming and no ssh access.
So, time for a clean install using an USB stick and a update via the admin page. And again the same problems after a day. The only thing I changed is install sudo, install rsync and added a photo album.
I don't know how to solve this but it is realy annoying me because the Bubba 2 never did what it promised. First mt-daap was not working because of some silicon bug, loosing SMB shares, changed to AFP when this became possible but still problems, my harddisk seems to suffer from a load cycle issue. For the past half year I never forgot that I had a server zooming somewhere in the house.
I will reset the bubba and move to SMB shares. ))-:

Bert
jonj1

Post by jonj1 »

loosing SMB shares, changed to AFP when this became possible but still problems
Not sure if this helps but problems with file sharing can sometimes be down to firewall settings on the client. I have a firewall rule on the client that allows all traffic between client and bubba's ip address.
MagnusJonsson

Post by MagnusJonsson »

Hi,

When I upgraded to version 1.2.0 it seems as if the squeezecenter process takes a lot of CPU time (above 90% most of the time). This does not seem normal, or ???

King regards,
Magnus

I type

ps faux
and get (4 tries)

112       4992  100  7.5  29364 19268 ?        R    14:48   0:10  \_ /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezece....

112       4999 95.5  9.4  34536 24248 ?        R    14:48   0:13  \_ /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezece....

112       5004 86.3  4.4  20268 11392 ?        R    14:49   0:05  \_ /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezece....

112       6213 96.6  6.6  26192 17104 ?        R    16:34   0:08    \_ /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server --prefsdir /var/lib/squeezece....