New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.1

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
ryz

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.1

Post by ryz »

I think people that have problems with Squeezecenter should make sure that they are running the new daemon and not the old one by doing a reboot since the Debian scripts for Squeezecenter is broken as I have reported both in this forum and in a bug report for the server itself.
A_Swissionary

Post by A_Swissionary »

ryz wrote:I think people that have problems with Squeezecenter should make sure that they are running the new daemon and not the old one by doing a reboot
No, that doesn't help.
I rebooted multiple times; I even tried reinstalling everything and made sure that the new Squeezecenter is the only one to run. No luck at all. :-(
cwhommes

Post by cwhommes »

Squeezecenter cannot be accessed by Duet remote nor ipod apps such as iPeng or Squeemote. The software detects Bubba3 but cannot connect. Only the webinterface seems to work after the upgrade to 2.3.1.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

I did a lot or reinstalling and rebooting. I've now got squeezecenter working again as version 7.5.4, using the update as outlined by kapet, but had to purge the database and reboot before squeezecenter started working. Without reboot and purge squeezecenter started but kept using 90-95 % processor capacity and it didn't respond.
Anonymous777

Post by Anonymous777 »

Do "bug fixes" include Time Machine Target mode (netatalk/avahi updates) for native Mac OS X 10.7 Lion backups?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Not yet but we are working on it for 2.4.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
edwardb

Post by edwardb »

Hi!

I have a B3 as I upgraded to 2.3.1 with squeeze 7.6.1

I lost the connection to Radio, touch and receiver and they are not getting back. I followed Alberts instructions to reinitialize db and reinstalle squeezecenter. No success.

I cant connect my devices to B3 again. What can I do?

The bubba:9000 interface is working and I can see my settings and also my installed application WiMP, Spotify for instance.

The loggfile looks like:

[11-10-31 21:01:21.9824] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1883) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::serverstatusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "_subq_count_select" via package "Slim::Schema::Storage" at /usr/share/squeezecenter/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1280.
]
[11-10-31 21:01:21.9858] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (413) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!
[11-10-31 21:01:22.0275] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1883) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::serverstatusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "_subq_count_select" via package "Slim::Schema::Storage" at /usr/share/squeezecenter/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1280.
]
[11-10-31 21:01:22.0310] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (413) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!
[11-10-31 21:01:48.6066] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1883) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::serverstatusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "_subq_count_select" via package "Slim::Schema::Storage" at /usr/share/squeezecenter/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1280.
]

/Edward
johannes

Post by johannes »

We are looking into this, will get back with a solution asap.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

The only option for now seems to be to revert to version 7.5.4.
See above for instruction. Keep in mind that a reboot and rescan may be neccesary.
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

I upgraded successfully without the need to reboot and reported this outcome here 29th October. Since then two whole days have passed with nothing abnormal.

Today though, one of the daily cron jobs failed as follows:

Code: Select all

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/mediatomb.log of '"/var/log/mediatomb.log" '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
I've never touched mediatomb as far as I know, but something has changed in the update. I guess the delay is because the logrotate only has to do something occasionally.

Anyone else seen this? What's the fix?

Thanks,

Mark
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

I've been getting that for as long as I can remember. I think the reason is that there is no mediatomb log to rotate.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

what if you add
notifempty

to /etc/logrotate.d/mediatomb

Code: Select all

"/var/log/mediatomb.log" {
        monthly
        rotate 5
        missingok
        [b]notifempty[/b]
        postrotate
                pkill -HUP mediatomb
        endscript
}
mprs

Post by mprs »

After upgrade I cant upload via webinterface to my B3 anymore? FTP works.
Best Regards
Martin Spliid
B3 (Linux Newbie)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Martin, your comment seems to be unrelated to previous posts. It may be easier if you make a new thread with your question. Also please be more specific what action does no longer work. Just saying "upload" can mean many things.
alon

Post by alon »

Thank you karl075 your solution fixed my problems with the Squeezebox Server.
Back to music again! :D