New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.1

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
splitbrain

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.3.1

Post by splitbrain »

I just updated to 2.3.1 using the manual command line way and noticed that minidlna was not installed and I installed in manually.

Now I wonder what else might be missing. Is there a way to check that all needed packages (the ones that would be available on a fresh install) are there? And is there a list of obsolete packages (eg. is mediatomb still used)?

And I'd be really happy if someone from Excito would update http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Resources with the current state of software used by the B3 and add some more technical details.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

johannes wrote:Hope this made sense.
Yep. Thanks for the explanation. I'll just continue using apt-get as I'm used to then 8)

/Daniel
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

I get (the same error as with previous update) "Was unable to connect to server; This is probably due to temporary shutdown of the webserver during upgrade. Please be patient. Will retry communication in 1 seconds..." where "1" is a countdown from 5.

The progress bar is on 100%. The same error was already earlier in the process, but after a while continued with the python update. This seems to take a while longer. I leave it be for the day, but is there anything I can do when I come home from work?
johannes

Post by johannes »

nrde, this is normal (even if it's not very nice), as I wrote in the announcement:
* If the update doesn't go all the way but hangs just before it should be finished (99 or 100%) this is normal. This is in the transition to the new updater logic. Just wait a few minutes and then reload the page.
..so just reload the page. This is actually the main reason for the 2.3.1, updating the updater to avoid such problems in the future. Now with 2.3.1 this shall not happen anymore.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

johannes wrote:..so just reload the page. This is actually the main reason for the 2.3.1, updating the updater to avoid such problems in the future. Now with 2.3.1 this shall not happen anymore.
Aah, didn't read carefully enough :)
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

johannes wrote: * If the update doesn't go all the way but hangs just before it should be finished (99 or 100%) this is normal. This is in the transition to the new updater logic. Just wait a few minutes and then reload the page.
My update from the UI got past the 100% after a while, and then stuck with a second bar which is stuck at 0%. At some point it briefly showed a message about "retrying query" or something, but progress remains stuck at 0%.

So I tried refresh page and soon after got the pre-update screen. So I clicked "Update" again and its back stuck at the 0% again.

Any ideas?

Is it safe just to switch to manual update?

Mark
blacklodge

Post by blacklodge »

I got a problem with the update (i think), it hang at 99,38% i waited and then rebooted, and i had no internet access even i can see in my bubba that i got an external IP, tryed to reboot a couple of times, did not help.

So i went to Network/Network profile and changed from "Automatic network settings" to "Router + Firewall + Server" and then i got access to internet again.

I then went to the update section again and something is strange, look at the picture, the main version number is wrong even though almost every package is updated.
I try to press on update button again and i got the error message displayed on the picture after a millisecond, so i doubt that the problem is at your servers, something went wrong in my B3 i think. Any suggestions?

johannes

Post by johannes »

theWebalyst wrote: My update from the UI got past the 100% after a while, and then stuck with a second bar which is stuck at 0%. At some point it briefly showed a message about "retrying query" or something, but progress remains stuck at 0%.

So I tried refresh page and soon after got the pre-update screen. So I clicked "Update" again and its back stuck at the 0% again.

Any ideas?

Mark
This is the same symptom and fully normal. When you press update the second time and get 0% means the old updater is acting up and won't let the new one get to work. This is why we ask for a reboot after the upgrade.

So please reboot and you should be fine.
johannes

Post by johannes »

blacklodge wrote:I got a problem with the update (i think), it hang at 99,38% i waited and then rebooted, and i had no internet access even i can see in my bubba that i got an external IP, tryed to reboot a couple of times, did not help.

So i went to Network/Network profile and changed from "Automatic network settings" to "Router + Firewall + Server" and then i got access to internet again.

I then went to the update section again and something is strange, look at the picture, the main version number is wrong even though almost every package is updated.
I try to press on update button again and i got the error message displayed on the picture after a millisecond, so i doubt that the problem is at your servers, something went wrong in my B3 i think. Any suggestions?
Hi blacklodge, you have gotten into something else, we have not seen this issue but apparently the update didn't finish properly. I think the fix needs some command-line work and the best would be if you could let us in to fix it. (If you don't want to yourself, just issue apt-get dist-upgrade and see what it complains on).

If possible, email us login inforamtion to your B3 and we'll manually fix it for you. Thanks and sorry for this mess.
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

johannes wrote:
theWebalyst wrote: My update from the UI got past the 100% after a while, and then stuck with a second bar which is stuck at 0%. At some point it briefly showed a message about "retrying query" or something, but progress remains stuck at 0%.

Any ideas?

Mark
This is the same symptom and fully normal. When you press update the second time and get 0% means the old updater is acting up and won't let the new one get to work. This is why we ask for a reboot after the upgrade.

So please reboot and you should be fine.
My symptom didn't match the description of "normal" so I decided to be cautious. I left the above overnight and it was in the same state in the morning, but I once more hit refresh and this time the update moved on.

In fact it went through a further series of update progress bars and eventually finished without a reboot. I now have a fully updated system, but did not have to reboot.

Mark
blacklodge

Post by blacklodge »

johannes wrote:
blacklodge wrote:I got a problem with the update (i think), it hang at 99,38% i waited and then rebooted, and i had no internet access even i can see in my bubba that i got an external IP, tryed to reboot a couple of times, did not help.

Hi blacklodge, you have gotten into something else, we have not seen this issue but apparently the update didn't finish properly. I think the fix needs some command-line work and the best would be if you could let us in to fix it. (If you don't want to yourself, just issue apt-get dist-upgrade and see what it complains on).

If possible, email us login inforamtion to your B3 and we'll manually fix it for you. Thanks and sorry for this mess.
I run "apt-get dist-upgrade" then i got:

Code: Select all

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
So i run "dpkg --configure -a"

and it processed for a while and then i run "apt-get dist-upgrade" again and it processed just for a second and it was done.

Then i refreshed the GUI in my browser and the version number is correct now and the update button is working again.

So problem solved,
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

I'm having the same problem with my squeezecenter. Any idea who't causing this? I've got a squeezebox radio and android apps as well, anyone else with the same problems?

When trying to install 7.5.4 I get the following results:
E: Version '7.5.4.dfsg1-2' for 'squeezecenter' was not found
E: Version '0.08109-2' for 'libdbix-class-perl' was not found
E: Version '1.60-1' for 'libsql-abstract-perl' was not found
[EDIT] I forgot to use apt-get update :oops:
blacklodge

Post by blacklodge »

I also have the problem i notice when i check it now.
A_Swissionary

Post by A_Swissionary »

Yes, my Squeezeboxserver shows similar symptoms.
I try to connect vis Ipeng (Iphone's Controller App) and it finds the server but no player.
I already forwarded my log file to Excito Support, which contains this error whenever Ipeng tries to connect to the server:
Slim::Control::Request::execute (1883) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::serverstatusQuery]: [Can't locate object method "_subq_count_select" via package "Slim::Schema::Storage" at /usr/share/squeezecenter/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1280.
]
Sadly enough, I couldn't yet find any possible solution / workaround to this in whatever forum I searched.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ok, we will look into the Squeezecenter issue asap. (We successfully tested with Boom and Classic but obviously this wasn't enough).