New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
alon

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Post by alon »

Gordon wrote:
alon wrote:Just upgrade to 2.4, upgrade went smoothly.

I have a small problem with Logitech Media Server.

When trying Rescan Media Library with the option “Clear library and rescan everything”
It is not clearing the library! There is no option to clear the library.

Looking for solution for the issue.

Alon
The previous version was actually worse with this, which is why I manually upgraded to Logitech Media Server before (I'll make the switch to B3 2.4 shortly). Thing is that the previous version would not clear anything, even if the actual files were removed. The new Logitech Media Server is a major improvement in that it will actually delete entries that point to non-existent files. The trick to make it rescan what is faulty, is to physically move these files (temporarily) to a different place (just rename the folder).
Gordon thank you for your help.
I renamed the folder name and rescanned the library.
Most of the entries deleted from the database but not all.
This method take a lot of time and sadly not working good enough.

The previous squeezebox server version was a total mess,
This version is much better, I didn't have the time to test it thoroughly yet.
But so far except from the rescan issue everything is working as it should.

I hope excito will fix the issue with the rescan.
DanielM

Halleluja moment!

Post by DanielM »

Wow.

I've torn my hair for months now with what's the problem with the wireless connection to my htpc. Buffering, stuttering, you name it. Tried different configurations both software and hardware wise. Thought the problem was in the htpc itself since I've experienced no problem with the wireless on other units. So I ended up having a tp cable across my living room floor. I've spent so many hours trying to find the problem...

Today, after upgrading, it seems like everything's working perfectly again. Just watched an entire movie in 1080p without any buffering. WOOHOOO!

Oh... Also measured speed while moving a file to my laptop. Reached like 5 times the speed I'm used to. This is great!!!

/Daniel
cwhommes

Post by cwhommes »

Guys at Excito: you've made my day. The upgrade went smoothly and Mediaserver is working like a charm! Thanks for the efforts, it was worrth the wait.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

do other people get this error too?

Code: Select all

Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.38/modules.dep: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.38/modules.dep: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.38/modules.dep: No such file or directory
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Ubi wrote:do other people get this error too?

Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.38/modules.dep: No such file or directory
No. CUPS starts OK for me, although I don't have the files referred to in your post either.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

@RandomUsername:

If you don't have /lib/modules/2.6.38/modules.dep, what entries *DO* you have in /lib/modules?

@Ubi:

Did you do the power down / unplug cord bit?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:do other people get this error too?

Yep. I got that too during upgrade. Both cups and iptables complained about that file. Like they are depending on the old kernel. Everything worked well after reboot though.

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

k tnx

oh and wtf is this "Remote access through other router" option?. That just has to be the most cryptic description ever. What is this thing? Why is it on by default?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:k tnx

oh and wtf is this "Remote access through other router" option?. That just has to be the most cryptic description ever. What is this thing? Why is it on by default?
I guess you'll have to wait til the manual is released :D

Anyways I'd just like to notice that the problem with wrong permissions on downloaded files is still here. Most files in torrents downloaded by ftd are still owned by root...

/Daniel
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Ubi wrote:k tnx

Upnp
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

About that being cryptic... :roll:

Thanks for confirming that there is in fact a new kernel. Can anyone please where / when the kernel source for this version will be available? For now I'll have to skip the update, how promising the improvements may seem.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Gordon wrote:About that being cryptic... :roll:

Thanks for confirming that there is in fact a new kernel. Can anyone please where / when the kernel source for this version will be available? For now I'll have to skip the update, how promising the improvements may seem.
I thought http://download.excito.net/kernel/Excito_B3/ was the place to go. Can't seem to find anything for the new kernel (2.6.39.4-9) though...

/Daniel
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

So software update here went OK.

Dont understand the use of Tor (is this an open public anonemous netwerk wireless?)

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I couldn't find any reference to TOR in the admin interface at all. Well hidden it is.

which reminds me: the default interface is bugged in Opera 11.61.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Ubi wrote:I couldn't find any reference to TOR in the admin interface at all. Well hidden it is.

which reminds me: the default interface is bugged in Opera 11.61.
It's under network settings. Should be under services IMO.