New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
ingo2

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.4

Post by ingo2 »

Gordon wrote:
ryz wrote: There's a stand-alone version that includes libraries for every supported processor and that will probably work as is (I did not verify this because I intended to stick to package manager), but the (ARM) package is much smaller and did not find the required Perl objects. Clearly these are not part of the package (or it references the wrong library path, using system instead of private).
And even if all perl objects were included in the package this would finally lead to a vast mixture of different perl versions on the system! Debian-Squeeze comes with perl v5.10.1-17, while the bundled package is for Perl 5.8-5.14 (at least the slimdevices page states that).

How shall any package manager handle this? Ok, Linux is generally able to manage such situations, you can install different versions either both or make selection via "alternatives". But, if logitechmediaserver supplies perl modules, they should be listed correctly in /DEBIAN/control file of the *.deb.

Kind regards,
Ingo
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.
carl

Post by carl »

ingo2 wrote:
Gordon wrote:
ryz wrote: There's a stand-alone version that includes libraries for every supported processor and that will probably work as is (I did not verify this because I intended to stick to package manager), but the (ARM) package is much smaller and did not find the required Perl objects. Clearly these are not part of the package (or it references the wrong library path, using system instead of private).
And even if all perl objects were included in the package this would finally lead to a vast mixture of different perl versions on the system! Debian-Squeeze comes with perl v5.10.1-17, while the bundled package is for Perl 5.8-5.14 (at least the slimdevices page states that).

How shall any package manager handle this? Ok, Linux is generally able to manage such situations, you can install different versions either both or make selection via "alternatives". But, if logitechmediaserver supplies perl modules, they should be listed correctly in /DEBIAN/control file of the *.deb.

Kind regards,
Ingo
The perl modules are bundled privately, i.e. they are not exposed to the system as whole. They can be located in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/ and the "arch" directory contains compiled version for 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, and 5.14.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

carl wrote:
ingo2 wrote:
Gordon wrote:

Kind regards,
Ingo
The perl modules are bundled privately, i.e. they are not exposed to the system as whole. They can be located in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/ and the "arch" directory contains compiled version for 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, and 5.14.

/Carl
Thanks for the crarification Carl.
Does that really meen, I can safely purge those 104 packages which

Code: Select all

apt-get autoremove
wants to remove? (see the list some postings above)

Kind regards,
Ingo

P.S.: I think I am still on 2 weeks warranty, so if it gets inoparable, I can return the box ;-)
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

ingo2 wrote:
carl wrote:
ingo2 wrote:

Kind regards,
Ingo

/Carl
Thanks for the crarification Carl.
Does that really meen, I can safely purge those 104 packages which

apt-get autoremove

And finally, why can't I remove the package squeezecenter - that will also remobe some Bubba-packages?

Kind regards,
Ingo

P.S.: I think I am still on 2 weeks warranty, so if it gets inoparable, I can return the box ;-)
johannes

Post by johannes »

Added the currently known issues to the first post. Fixes are in progress.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
rxmd

Post by rxmd »

Upon startup after upgrading, forked-daapd eats 100% CPU. Is this normal?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Probably, due to indexing your music. Give it some time and it should go down..
johannes

Post by johannes »

ingo2 wrote: Does that really meen, I can safely purge those 104 packages which

apt-get autoremove
Yes, I just did that on a B3 here, and Squeeze works just fine afterwards.
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

Thanks Johannes,
I now also cleaned up my packages and right - all seems to be fine. I just was concerned because also the web-interface uses Perl.

At this occasion another question:
is there any special reason why Debian-updates and -security are not in /etc/apt/sources.list?
Shouldn't we add as well

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
Kind regards,
Ingo
johannes

Post by johannes »

No, we don't let debian updates through to our customers without testing first. You never know what implications their package updates would get on the B3 system, therefor we always pull such changes on our regular updates, to make sure we test before release anything to our customers.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I'm a bit late in this thread...
Install went OK, except Apache didn't come up after the restart (I had modified the certificate names in /usr/share/bubba-frontend/apache.site, and also deleted the original certificate files for good measure :oops: ).

I have the same issue as reported twice at the very start of this thread. As far as I can see, there was never any response to this issue:
Murtagh wrote:I just installed the 2.4 upgrade on my B3, and it in gerneral went very smoothly. The only issue I have is I am not able to access the new DAAP server, and the release notes don't mention which new server is being utilized so I could chase the issue myself.

I am using Banshee 2.2.1 on Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (Oneric) to access the DAAP service. The service seems to be at least partally active because I am able to see the service advertising "My Music on" my server name, but when I attempt to access the music, Banshee complains with the following:
"Unable to Connect to Music Share
Common reasons for connection failures
->The provided credentials are invalid
->The Login process was cancelled
-> Too many users are connected to the share
-> The music share is hosted by iTunes 7"

The first two suggestions don't seem likely, and the third is untrue.
It must be this:
https://github.com/CBGoodBuddy/forked-d ... d18080705e

Would be good if the fix could be included in the next update.

Thanks!

Cheeseboy
JazzyB

Post by JazzyB »

Hi
After doing a webpage controlled update to 2.4 all works well except LogitechMediaServer.
I did reboot my B3 and restarted the service.

I cannot get it to scan my music collection and the server.log file contains messages like:

2012-03-04 22:47:31 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
2012-03-04 22:47:38 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[12-03-04 22:47:48.0699] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.1, rTRUNK, UNKNOWN) perl 5.010001
[12-03-04 22:47:57.3182] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: SQL logic error or missing database
ICU error: ucol_open(): U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR [for Statement "SELECT icu_load_collation('en_US', 'en_US')"]
[12-03-04 22:47:57.3220] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1006)
   frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::__ANON__ (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/SQLiteHelper.pm line 200)
   frame 3: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/SQLiteHelper.pm line 200)
   frame 4: Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::collate (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/ResultSet/Contributor.pm line 65)
   frame 5: Slim::Schema::ResultSet::Contributor::countTotal (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 3001)
   frame 6: Slim::Schema::totals (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 2664)
   frame 7: Slim::Control::Queries::serverstatusQuery (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1884)
   frame 8: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1884)
   frame 9: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 880)
   frame 10: Slim::Web::Cometd::handleRequest (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 425)
   frame 11: Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 112)
   frame 12: Slim::Web::Cometd::webHandler (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 486)
   frame 13: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)
   frame 14: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
   frame 15: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
   frame 16: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
   frame 17: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 695)
   frame 18: main::idle (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 645)
   frame 19: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 1158)

[12-03-04 22:47:57.3249] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::collate (202) SQLite ICU collation en_US failed: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: SQL logic error or missing database
ICU error: ucol_open(): U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR [for Statement "SELECT icu_load_collation('en_US', 'en_US')"] at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126
2012-03-04 22:49:13 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed to solve this?

JazzyB