The main purpose of this upgrade is to merge the Bubba 2 and B3 software. Hence, future updates for B3 will normally also be released for Bubba 2.
How to upgrade
Follow this guide.
New features and major changes
This update brings B2 to the software state of B3:
* Tor Router functionality (torproject.org)
* DLNA server (Mediatomb exchanged for MiniDLNA)
* WiFi stability greatly enhanced
* More recent Linux kernel (2.6.39)
* Debian update to Squeeze
* New backup user interface
* Sample photo album added from start (only for fresh installs)
* Support for more printer brands (including printer hotplugging)
* UPnP port opening in external routers
* Squeezecenter update to latest
* PNG support in photo album
* Spanish language (user contributed) added to user interface
* SMB Workgroup changed from EXCITO to WORKGROUP to increase windows compatibility
* Various bug fixes and general updates
* Future updates for B3 will now automatically also be available for B2
Note: This only applies if you have a 2 TB HDD.
If you install this on a new disk, not previously used with Bubba 2, the installer will fail creating the swap partition if you are on a 2 TB disk. Your system will work but may behave errouneously under heavy load. Workarounds:
- 1. If you have a disk previously used with Bubba 2, install using either using the instructions under "What if I want to keep my data", or at least set the flag PARTITION=0. The correct partitions are there on your Bubba 2 already.
- 2. If you are installing on a new disk, you need to manually partition the disk before installing. Contact support for further instructions.
You will no longer reach your B2 using http://bubba. The hostname is by default set to 'b2'. This can easilly be changed if you wish.
* The easyfind domain is changed to myownb2.com. Hence you will need to register a new name on that domain.
*) Upgrading from previous release candidates
You can upgrade from earlier released 2.4-RC1, RC2, RC3 to this stable release using the web updater. However, make sure that the sources point to our 'elvin' repository. You can ensure this by issuing:
Code: Select all
change_distribution elvin -u
It is not easy to upgrade from the previous 2.0.x release without re-installing. This operation is for Linux-people only, but be warned, it is not a 10-minute operation.