New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito Bubba 2&3 software version 2.5.0.1

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
carl

Release notes for Excito Bubba 2&3 software version 2.5.0.1

Post by carl »

This is a new minor upgrade. The upgrade is available only as a web update.

How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "Settings" menu entry. Choose "Software update" in the sub menu.

Handled issues
  • Fixed a bug where images of Sven Ingvars could crash the music player backend.
  • Made sure that the TimeMachine directory is created.
  • Fixed a regression in backup.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
albert

Re: Release notes for Excito Bubba 2&3 software version 2.5.

Post by albert »

Hi Carl,

sorry to bring the bad news. But the backup doesn't work at all now. It has status Not Run.

If I look into the fileinfo file in the admin homedirectory, I see the message "Backup disk not found, exiting"

Unfortunately, this does not only happen with newly created backups, but also the already existing backups which worked before.

The backup I use is quite simple:

- All user's email
- Protocol Local (USB/eSATA)
- Target device -> Backup (= mounted disk with label Backup, choosen in webinterface)
- Target directory -> backup (= directory on disk)
- Daily Schedule, keep week
- No encryption

Hope you can fix this soon.

Regards,

Albert
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

carl wrote: Handled issues
  • Fixed a bug where images of Sven Ingvars could crash the music player backend.
:?:
albert

Post by albert »

Here is the resulting email of the backup last night:

Queueing job: MailDaily for user: admin
New job found for admin MailDaily
Running queued job: MailDaily for user: admin
RUN NOW: admin MailDaily
Backup disk not found, exiting
Writing error log to /home/admin/.backup/MailDaily/fileinfo/2012-06-08-02:00:07.err.info

Hope you can fix this very soon.

Regards,

Albert
lelle

Post by lelle »

RandomUsername wrote:
carl wrote: Handled issues
:?:
He he, nice feature, please don't remove it :D
carl

Post by carl »

albert wrote:Here is the resulting email of the backup last night:

Queueing job: MailDaily for user: admin
New job found for admin MailDaily
Running queued job: MailDaily for user: admin
RUN NOW: admin MailDaily
Backup disk not found, exiting
Writing error log to /home/admin/.backup/MailDaily/fileinfo/2012-06-08-02:00:07.err.info

Hope you can fix this very soon.

Regards,

Albert
Could you send us the content of the file /home/admin/.backup/MailDaily/jobdata to us?
support@excito.com
albert

Post by albert »

I am at work right now, so that's a bit difficult.

But it was all pretty standard.

I checked the disk uuid in that file, which was fine and did exist.
And the backup (sub)directory was there as well (called backup), and the disk label was Backup.

Anyway, a newly created one didn't work either. Although the backup setup wizzard did find the disk label and I set up the proper directory.

So,

disk: USB /dev/sdb1, label Backup
Mounted under /media/Backup and backups made in /media/Backup/backup

Hope that is enough info for jou.

Albert
carl

Post by carl »

albert wrote:I am at work right now, so that's a bit difficult.

But it was all pretty standard.

I checked the disk uuid in that file, which was fine and did exist.
And the backup (sub)directory was there as well (called backup), and the disk label was Backup.

Anyway, a newly created one didn't work either. Although the backup setup wizzard did find the disk label and I set up the proper directory.

So,

disk: USB /dev/sdb1, label Backup
Mounted under /media/Backup and backups made in /media/Backup/backup

Hope that is enough info for jou.

Albert
I'm actually intrested in the exact file, and if there is some issues with the parsing of it.
support@excito.com
albert

Post by albert »

Hi Carl,

here it is:

root@b3:/home/admin/.backup/MailDaily# cat jobdata
local_user = admin
jobname = MailDaily
target_protocol = file
disk_uuid = 0c09f9ea-58a8-497c-94ce-d8f1e67ea83b
target_path = backup
schedule_type = daily
schedule_monthday = 1
schedule_monthhour = 1
schedule_weekday = Monday
schedule_weekhour = 1
schedule_dayhour = 2
nbr_fullbackups = 1
full_expiretime = 1W

root@b3:/media/backup# findfs UUID=0c09f9ea-58a8-497c-94ce-d8f1e67ea83b
/dev/sdb1

root@b3:/media/backup# mount
/dev/sdb1 on /media type ext4 (rw,noatime)

root@b3:/media/backup# ls -la /media
total 15812
drwxrwxr-x 4 admin users 4096 Jun 2 21:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Mar 7 09:45 ..
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Jun 7 19:07 backup
JC

Post by JC »

I wonder what logitechmediaserver code Excito for "there" version of the squeezebox media server :?: .
For the last couple of Bubba versions for both B2 and B3, I've changed to the official Ubuntu/Debian Logitech Squeezebox releases versions 7.7.1 or 7.7.2 (http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download), and found them remarkable less buggy (haven't found any in fact) than the Excito ones.

What I did was pretty simple (thanks to Excitos clean debian base):
1. Apply latest updates/reboot from the GUI
2. Stop/Disable the Squeezebox Server under Services
3. Log in to Bubba as root via SSH
4. apt-get purge logitechmediaserver (the GUI will be uninstalled too, but will be reinstalled later)
5. reboot and log in again (not necessary, but just to ensure everything logitech is purged completely)
6. cd /tmp
7. wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Logite ... .2_all.deb
8. dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.7.2_all.deb
9. apt-get install bubba bubba-backend bubba-frontend (here comes the GUI again, settings retained)
10. Reboot and then check from GUI that the Squeezebox Server Service is started
11. Go to the settings page for the Logitech Media Server (B3:9000) and set it up again

Some of the bugs that I found gone now is:

* You are able to deselect "Video" and "Pictures" from the first source-directory within Squeezebox server settings without all your Audio sharing is stopped.
This way you are able to have sources for "Audio" only in your "home/storage/music" folder, Video only in your "home/storage/video" and "Pictures" only in your "home/storage/pictures". And all log fails about missing media tags for the different type of files is the gone in the logging to.

* You are able to do a full rescan of your media libraries, cleaning up database e.g. inconsistent, both manual initiatet and from the settings page and scheduled e.g. once a week

* A lot of error logging (in Logitec Media Server logs) - really caused by some missing ICU files (icudt46b.dat and icudt46l.dat) for the SQL database.

This is of course just a temporary solution until next time I run the Update from GUI, and the Logitech Media Server is exchanged to the less bug free Excito one again.
I would be of course be nice if the Excito supplied one was as bug free as the Logitech released one, or at least Bubba update would not exchange the official one when installed manually. But I still can't help wondering why the difference between the two though :roll: .
johannes

Post by johannes »

JC wrote:But I still can't help wondering why the difference between the two though :roll: .
..I don't understand this either. We use a package that Logitech points to, without modifications. Also I wasn't aware that anyone had problems with our 7.7.2 release? I'll add a bug on this and we'll investigate before our next release. Thanks for this info!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
albert

Post by albert »

One more bug report on the backup. This one has been there from the beginning, but I finally found out what's causing it.

When a backup finishes I get an email telling that it finished. In the subject line it always ends with (failed)

This has to do with the running of the cronjob. When it finishes with an exit code of 0 the message (failed) in the subject line is gone. Only when the actual job finished with a subject code other than 0 the subject line will have (failed) appended.

So, when the backup script /usr/lib/web-admin/backup.pl finishes without errors, it should set the exit code to 0. Currently it doesn't. Can this be fixed too?

Kind regards,

Albert
JC

Post by JC »

[quote="johannes"][quote="JC"]But I still can't help wondering why the difference between the two though :roll: .[/quote]

..I don't understand this either. We use a package that Logitech points to, without modifications. Also I wasn't aware that anyone had problems with our 7.7.2 release? I'll add a bug on this and we'll investigate before our next release. Thanks for this info![/quote]

Thanks Johannes.

I've seen some of the bugs mentioned different places in this forum I think, but can't remember if it was only for the 7.7.1 though. One major differens between the Excito one and the Logitech one is of course the .deb packet size, which i 3 times less for the Excito one. But since the Logitech one is compiled for all Debian architectures while the Excito is for only one (either B2 or B3), that and the two missing ICU files is probably the primary cause for this. I've tried to add the two missing ICU files when the Excito package was installed, but that only seemed to remove the last bug mentioned.
effevee

Post by effevee »

I upgraded to 2.5.0.1 yesterday and this morning my backups all failed.
Queueing job: AdminData for user: admin
New job found for admin AdminData
Running queued job: AdminData for user: admin
RUN NOW: admin AdminData
Logging to /var/log/backup/admin/AdminData/2012-06-11-06:00:07.log
Running ncftpput
Starting backup
Backup done.
Errors/warnings encountered during backup.
ERROR found on line: ERROR 23 BackendException

Errors found:
. Running 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' failed (attempt #1)
. Running 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' failed (attempt #2)
. Giving up trying to execute 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' after 2 attempts

Info to: /home/admin/.backup/AdminData/fileinfo/2012-06-11-06:00:49.err.info
This is the setup of the backup job (pw has been altered ;-)
local_user = admin
jobname = AdminData
target_protocol = ftp
target_host = dlinknas.localdomain
target_user = frank
target_FTPpasswd = **********
target_path =
schedule_type = daily
schedule_monthday = 1
schedule_monthhour = 1
schedule_weekday = Monday
schedule_weekhour = 1
schedule_dayhour = 6
nbr_fullbackups = 1
full_expiretime = 1W
selection_type = custom
Will there be a fix available soon ?

Thanks.

Effevee
effevee

Post by effevee »

effevee wrote:I upgraded to 2.5.0.1 yesterday and this morning my backups all failed.
Queueing job: AdminData for user: admin
New job found for admin AdminData
Running queued job: AdminData for user: admin
RUN NOW: admin AdminData
Logging to /var/log/backup/admin/AdminData/2012-06-11-06:00:07.log
Running ncftpput
Starting backup
Backup done.
ERROR found on line: ERROR 23 BackendException

Errors found:
. Running 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' failed (attempt #1)
. Running 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' failed (attempt #2)
. Giving up trying to execute 'ncftpls -f /tmp/duplicity-gBiiHA-tempdir/mkstemp-ecxzgb-1 -F -t 30 -o useCLNT=0,useHELP_SITE=0 -l 'ftp://dlinknas.localdomain/./AdminData/'' after 2 attempts

Info to: /home/admin/.backup/AdminData/fileinfo/2012-06-11-06:00:49.err.info
Will there be a fix available soon ?

Thanks.

Effevee
Never mind,

Just discovered the ftp server on my nas was down :shock: After restarting the ftp server all is ok again :D

Effevee