New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New firmware update 0.51.2

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

New firmware update 0.51.2

Post by tor »

Release notes for Bubba 0.51.2
=========================

This is a minor update. The last update had some rendering problems on MSIE and Opera browsers. This udate should fix these.

How to upgrade
-------------------
Make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Chose "settings" menu entry. Select the tab named "Maintenance", the tabs are only present in newer versions of the firmware. On this tab, or the settings page if you have the old version of the web-admin ui, press the "Update" button located in the "Update software" field. After a while it should say "done" and the upgrade should be complete. In rare ocations, the web-ui can hang when doing an upgrade. In these cases the easiest solution is to use the shutdown/power button to restart the unit.

Warning, if you have modified your apt sources the web-admin ui should not be used for upgrades.

Major changes and new features
-------------------------------------
None

Updates and minor changes
--------------------------------
* Buffer formatiing of torrent info was increased to hold complete text fixing rendering problems on Opera and MSIE web browsers.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Thanks

the interface still renders terrible in both Opera9 and MSIE5 though. I dumped a screenshot here:
http://korona.ideeel.nl/bubba-screen.jpg

As a feature request: it's not helpful if the forum depicts these things 'firmware updates' and the Bubba interface calls this 'software updates'. These terms are not exactly the same and mixing them causes confusion.
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

@Ubi
Your rendeHi Ubi,ring problem is my fault. You installed my tiny little hack, which use a different theme and now your browser is lost...
Try emptying your browser's cache and it should be fine.

@Tor
Thanks for the update. I'm still around, but a little busy right now... I'll get backto you soon.

@all
My tiny little hack for this update is almost complete, but needs some more testing.

Regards.
Last edited by bubbalibre on 18 Dec 2007, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

As an addendum: this is how it looks like for me in FireFox2. I would't say this is optimal either, so probably there's something with my setup:
http://korona.ideeel.nl/bubba-ff2.jpg

or on a wide screen, again the download box is all the way the right leaving halve of the screen white:
http://korona.ideeel.nl/bubba-ff2b.jpg

edit: the firefox images are not old browser cache. I just installed FF2 for the first time ever today
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

@Ubi

When I updated the bubba package, I used the command line (apt-get upgrade) and I was asked whether I'd want to replace the bubba.css file, which has been modified by my tiny little hack.

I don't think the web-admin interface handled that. According to your screenshots, you're still using my bubba.css and should try to replace it with the official one : bubba.css.

Regards,
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Yep you got it. Everything works fine now. Thanks :D

It's impressive how much faster and more responsive the download manager has become btw.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Yep, just upgraded and all is looking good in IE7, thanks !
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

bubbalibre wrote:@Ubi

When I updated the bubba package, I used the command line (apt-get upgrade) and I was asked whether I'd want to replace the bubba.css file, which has been modified by my tiny little hack.

I don't think the web-admin interface handled that. According to your screenshots, you're still using my bubba.css and should try to replace it with the official one : bubba.css.

Regards,
Stupid question perhaps, but how do I replace the bubba.css with the official one?

/Johnny
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Stupid question perhaps, but how do I replace the bubba.css with the official one?
ah
go to the shell and enter "su -" to become root and enter

Code: Select all

wget http://logicielslibres.org/bubba/0.51.2/bubba.css  --output-document=/usr/share/web-admin/bubba.css
hope this helps
Ubi
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Regarding the stylesheet. Bubbalibre is right, hi bubbalibre :) , in that upgrading the bubba package when one has altered the stylesheet works badly. We will try to find another solution to this. Bubbalibre, should it be possible that you could use another name for your stylesheet and thus it would not conflict with the original on upgrade?

Ubi, doesnt your line substitute the one on disk with the one from Bubbalibres "tiny" hack?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Well this is what I did and it works for me.

If you have a repository where to link against instead please post it. That would be better than to have the whole forum link against bubbalibres files (which may not be there forever).

Ubi
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Ubi wrote:
ah
go to the shell and enter "su -" to become root and enter

wget http://logicielslibres.org/bubba/0.51.2/bubba.css  --output-document=/usr/share/web-admin/bubba.css
hope this helps
Ubi
Thanks Ubi - that worked just fine!

/Johnny

PS. Merry Christmas to all you Bubba owners out there!!! :D
tor

Post by tor »

Ubi,

Sorry i did not realize that the stylesheet at bubbalibres site was the same as ours.

You can always extract files from packages with the dpkg -X command. And you most likely have a copy of the bubba package in the apt cache. A way to extract the bubba.css from lets say the 0.51.2 version of the bubba package would be:

mkdir tmpdir
cd tmpdir
dpkg -X /var/cache/apt/archives/bubba_0.51.2-1_arm.deb .
cp usr/share/web-admin/bubba.css /usr/share/web-admin/bubba.css
/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
PeterTuson

dhcp timeout

Post by PeterTuson »

tor,

This update loaded correctly, however I again had to edit the dhclient.conf file to increase the timeout.

Is there a reason that you have is set to 10?

I have tried to find the optimum value for my system, I just set it to 120.

Could you do something about this before the next update?

Otherwise I am very pleased with the bubba.

Regards,

Peter.
peter