New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Will there be any further development of the v1?

Discussion about Excito V1 - a.k.a. Tele2 TV Player
NoSubstitute

Will there be any further development of the v1?

Post by NoSubstitute »

It feels like the development died when the Tele2 Play pilot ended.

I had high hopes for software updates that would enable access to more network media sources. Of course I'd prefer SMB/SAMBA/CIFS and or NFS, but at least opening it up to any DLNA source would have been a great step forward and would've opened it up to many more interested customers.
johannes

Re: Will there be any further development of the v1?

Post by johannes »

The Tele2 Pilots got an update a few months ago with support for DLNA. So the technology is there already.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
NoSubstitute

Post by NoSubstitute »

johannes wrote:The Tele2 Pilots got an update a few months ago with support for DLNA. So the technology is there already.
Sadly not to support a DLNA source of my choice. Unless it's just buggy, because when I try to browse my minidlna server here the app FCs. Since it also remembers where I was last time I tried to use Video, I have to erase data from the app to get it to run properly again.

Also, forcing me to back through every viewed page before being able to exit the player is still annoying.

Thank you for responding, though, Johannes. Much appreciated.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ah, the bug is new to us (FC), we'll check the crash dumps on google play and see if we can find the reason. I agree about the back problems, we are working on a new design there, coming soon. :) Thansk for your feedback!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)