New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

2 gig limit?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
vinceb

2 gig limit?

Post by vinceb »

For the first time I set Bubba to downloading a DVD (BlueWhite Linux 12.1), it quit a 2 gig. If a 'cure' has been posted I've missed it. What needs to changed in order to download DVD sized files?

many thanks,
Vince
JanLarsen

Re: 2 gig limit?

Post by JanLarsen »

What protocol is that? I am working on a 31Gb bittorrent ATM. 68% so far with no problems.
vinceb

Post by vinceb »

My Bubba will not download files as large as 2 gig. I have downloaded such files to my 'buntu box w/ no problems, so I guess its not my ISP. I really don't have any other data. Sorry. If there's no parameter to change, I'll just have to use a regular 'puter (but I really thought this the kind of thing Bubba was built for).

Vince
Clive

Post by Clive »

I do regular downloads of files that are larger than 2GB, what problems are you getting ? Error messages ? Does the download fail when it starts or only after 2GB have been downloaded ? If so, what are the symptons ???
vinceb

Post by vinceb »

Clive,

The Bubba downloads menu locks up (won't allow new download). Access though firefox is allowed and files can be transfered that way. In order to get the downloads menu to work again I must shut down and reboot Bubba.

Vince
vinceb

Post by vinceb »

Clive,

The download proceeds normally until it gets to 2 gig and terminates. There is no 'download failed message or anything else.

Vince
johannes

Post by johannes »

What protocol are you using? Is it an FTP download? Or http? Or bittorrent?

Thanks,
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
vinceb

Post by vinceb »

Johannes,

In the latest case I was looking at DistroWatch and decided to download BlueWhite. I right clicked on the link, opened Bubba, and pasted the link location in as a download. The download started normally, in the morning it had quit.

Sorry, that I can't give you a better answer.

Thanks,

Vince
JanLarsen

Post by JanLarsen »

Can you paste the link here?
Pressurized

Post by Pressurized »

Is this not something to do with wget's 2Gb limit?