New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba bust

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
miles

Bubba bust

Post by miles »

My Bubba server has been fine until four days ago since when it has
1.decided not to collect any mail forwarded from my gmail or any other account
2.ftd does not work anymore - all downloads added by the web interface fail.
3. apt-get claims that it has a "temporary" problem connecting to any of the repositories mentioned in sources.list.

It remains possible to connect via ssh and Apache is up and working. I have restarted ftd, Rebooted and torn quite a lot of hair out - does anyone have any suggestions?

:( Miles
carl

Re: Bubba bust

Post by carl »

miles wrote:My Bubba server has been fine until four days ago since when it has
1.decided not to collect any mail forwarded from my gmail or any other account
2.ftd does not work anymore - all downloads added by the web interface fail.
3. apt-get claims that it has a "temporary" problem connecting to any of the repositories mentioned in sources.list.

It remains possible to connect via ssh and Apache is up and working. I have restarted ftd, Rebooted and torn quite a lot of hair out - does anyone have any suggestions?

:( Miles
You could check if the DNS settings had been changed, could be the problem.

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
miles

Post by miles »

I appreciate the suggestion (any suggestion!) - but the bubba address is set to be static - and when I check which devices are attached to my router and which addresses they are using sure enough the Bubba is using the correct address - Besides, wouldn't this affect Apache? Since I can still get to the web-admin pages I think that some services are running
msx

Post by msx »

miles wrote:I appreciate the suggestion (any suggestion!) - but the bubba address is set to be static - and when I check which devices are attached to my router and which addresses they are using sure enough the Bubba is using the correct address - Besides, wouldn't this affect Apache? Since I can still get to the web-admin pages I think that some services are running
I think he means your isp DNS, the server that translates public hostnames to ip address (ie: www.google.com -> 209.85.129.147 ).
This is consistent with the fact that you can reach your service from local and from internet, but your bubba cannot reach public servers such as your pop3/imap, public ftps and the debian repos.

You could try to ping or traceroute one of the server you're trying to connect..
Eek

Post by Eek »

Hi
You could try the following commands to see if you DNS is working

Code: Select all

ping -c 3 update.excito.net
ping -c 3 www.google.com
cheers
Eek
miles

Post by miles »

:oops: Yep, the DNS Settings were at fault - thank you everyone for helping me out.