New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Strange email problems ?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Clive

Strange email problems ?

Post by Clive »

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is a fault or something I've done wrong (quite likely the latter).

Up until Friday I would receive around 30-40 SPAM emails a day. On Friday I caused a major problem with my router and had to reset it back to factory defaults. It took me hours to get it working again, primarily as my router refused to see my broadband connection, I am not too sure how I fixed it but eventually internet access was restored.

Since then I had had zero, zilch SPAM emails. I have mailed messages from my own, non Bubba accounts (GMAIL / Yahoo etc) and all have been received (though with a delay) which says that Bubba is receiving email as it should. But the absence of SPAM sort of says to me that something isn't quite right.

I never thought I would worry about not receiving SPAM, but has anyone else noticed this ? Anything which could be causing this ? Has the global DNS security fix caused something to happen ???

//Clive.
ian

Post by ian »

Perhaps your ISP has changed/improved its spam filter? Perhaps your router has some sort of filter built-in, which has been activated after you restored it?
Clive

Post by Clive »

Well everything seems to be working, I received a regular email newsletter today as per usual.

So it just seems that the spammers have removed me from their lists ! :D