New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can I stream flac-files from MediaTomb on Bubba?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
HerrJanzon

Can I stream flac-files from MediaTomb on Bubba?

Post by HerrJanzon »

My Popcorn Hour A-100 can play my flac-files on Bubba when accessing Bubba through samba (or whatever protocol it is using). But normally I use the Upnp media streamer on my Nokia N810 to select the music to be played on the Popcorn and then flac files cannot be played.

Should it work to play flac files through MediaTomb?
HerrJanzon

Post by HerrJanzon »

The Mediatomb guys thinks that it should work from version 0.11 and they will soon release 0.12. My bubba has Mediatomb 0.10.

Will there be an update through Excito soon or should I upgrade Mediatomb manually? If so, anything in particular to watch out for? What would happen at the next Excito provided upgrade?
Jin

Re: Can I stream flac-files from MediaTomb on Bubba?

Post by Jin »

[quote="HerrJanzon"]My Popcorn Hour A-100 can play my flac-files on Bubba when accessing Bubba through samba (or whatever protocol it is using). But normally I use the Upnp media streamer on my Nokia N810 to select the music to be played on the Popcorn and then flac files cannot be played.

Should it work to play flac files through MediaTomb?[/quote]

I think the A100 has a bug in the firmware that causes some problems with 0.11, we added a workaround for the 0.12 release.

Current SVN code will stream flac, you will only need to add a custo extension to mimetype mapping, so that your flac files get an audio/x-ogg mimetype.

Here are the A100 mimetypes (info provided of one of our users).

http://k-n-p.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pch_mimetypes

Kind regards,
Jin