New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Upload-button not working after update

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
plusse

Upload-button not working after update

Post by plusse »

Hi

I now received my Bubba and I love it ! But one problem, after I updated the software to 0.30.3-0 nothing happands when I push the upload button under filemanager. I have log in with admin.

Is that just me having this problem ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Erik
tor

Post by tor »

Hi plusse,

This sounds strange. When pressing the upload button you should get a popup with the upload entries where you should be able to choose which files to upload and then start the upload.

Which browser do you use? You aren't running an agressuve popup blocker or something like that?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
plusse

Post by plusse »

Hmmm, of course you right. I should have solved it by myself. Thanks anyway.

Maybe my next problem is easy too. I uploaded my own index.html in the web-library. After that I get "You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server"

Why ? Where do I control the file permission ?

Do I have to say I'm new on this :-)

Erik
lkbrow1

file permissions

Post by lkbrow1 »

See my post on file permissions on how to fix this on this forum
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Regarding permissions on uploaded content. Unfortunately when uploading files to the web-area permissions are to tight for the web server to read them. This is a known bug in the new uploader. It will be corrected in the next release due in a week or so.

Unfortunately lkbrow1's workaround wont work with the new upload since we completely have replaced the old upload.

So unfortunately there are only two ways to work around this atm. Either upload web-content via windows filesharing (Samba). Then permissions will be looser and the web server will be able to read them. The other, more complicated way to do it is to manually log in and change permissions on the files.

But as said above. This is a bug, and we will do a new release in a week or so with this fixed plus some new nice functionality.

/Tor
dbudbu

upload problems: hangs on multiGig ISO image

Post by dbudbu »

Unrelated to permission problems, it seems if I try to upload a large DVD iso image it just hangs in the 'initializing....' phase of upload. A 'top' shows apache2 on bubba sitting there eating about 20% cpu; but upload never starts.

Had to work around it by ssh-ing in and using 'scp' to put the file where desired.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi dbudu,

Regarding uploading a DVD with the filemanager.

We have noticed this our self. Uploads greater than 2GB seems to fail in "most" browsers. IE it is most likely not a problem in the upload it self but in the browser not handling this.

/Tor
lkbrow1

I have seen this before

Post by lkbrow1 »

This is caused by 2Gig being the limit for a signed 32 bit integer
tor

Post by tor »

lkbrow1,

Yeah, we are aware of that and when we ourself found out that the upload failed on files larger than 2GB we audited our code and didnt find anything that seemed wrong. Thats why we suspect that it is the browser who is in fault here. This however is nothing we have confirmed.

/Tor
dbudbu

Post by dbudbu »

Oh; ok. This was from firefox ubuntu-x86_64.. But fine. Thnx.
tor

Post by tor »

dbudbu,

You experiencing this on a 64bit system definetly makes this feel a bit strange. We will take a deeper look into this.

/Tor