New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mac OSX issues

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ian

Mac OSX issues

Post by ian »

I (well, my wife does) have a strange OSX problem. Most of the time, my wife's MacBook, running the latest version of OSX, can "see" the bubba without any problem, but every now and again, it goes wrong. The home and storage folders become "unavailable", and when I try to disconnect the bubba in the Finder, it says that it can't because the bubba is being used. When this problem occurs, the home and storage folders on the desktop are visible and can be opened, but all you get are empty folders; ie. the correct folders are visible, but they contain no files.

A reboot always fixes the problem, but I can't help feeling there must be a better way; unfortunately, I'm not a Mac expert (I'm a Windows man), so I'm not sure what I should try. Has anyone else had the same problem, and is there an easy solution?

Cheers, Ian.
innersphere

Post by innersphere »

Hi,

I have intermittent connectivity issues on mine, although not quite the same symptoms as you have had. I had issues with connecting at all at random times.

All I did was edit the hosts file, adding the bubba (and another) server, and I haven't had the problems since.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Graeme