New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Serving Photos over Network in Random Order

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Festa

Serving Photos over Network in Random Order

Post by Festa »

Firstly I must say how much fun I have had so far with my Bubba - it's certainly earning it's keep:
Streaming 3 libraries of music via Firefly to 3 Roku Soundbridges around the house;
Running rtorrent 24/7 - grabbing latest TV shows via pytvshows
Automatically downloading podcasts overnight via Podracer
Streaming video to WinPCs and also to Buffalo Linktheatre (which is flaky and doesn't play all videos properly - don't buy one!)
Acting as a central point for all general filing
Resyncing iPod overnight with GNUpod (OK, this doesn't work quite right at the moment but I am confident I can get it working with some time to work it through)
Backing up important folders via rsync to the Freelinked Buffalo Linkstation it replaced as the main NAS.

Anyway, on to the point - the latest toy is a Kodak Wireless Photo Frame. It finds the Mediatomb phot stream easily enough, and slideshows through the photos fine.
However, it will only do this in the order that Mediatomb wants to stream them, which seems to be fixed. I have a lot of photos, and would like to stream a random sequence of them.

Can Mediatomb be scripted to do this?
Or is there another Linux Network Photo Streamer that would achieve this?

Thanks in anticipation,

Festa