New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Lenny image takes forever to install

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Ubi

Lenny image takes forever to install

Post by Ubi »

Hi, I finally had time to install the lenny image on the old bubba server. I first put in a new HD (WD 500GB) which was put in "cable select". I put the image on a USB drive and verified the MD5 sum. started bubba as per directed in the manual, but after 2 hours te led is still blinking. Also I cannot seem to get a telnet connection which I thought was now part of the image during installation. Can anyone help ?

/Ubi
Ubi

Re: Lenny image takes forever to install

Post by Ubi »

replying to myself:
* changing USB disk does not help. The disk flashes shortly about 80 seconds upon power-on and then nothing
* changing the jumper on the hd to master/single does not help
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I switched the HD back to the 250GB that was already in there, and this one works fine (as in: i can telnet and it seems to be fdisking the drive).

Also I noted that, in this setup, the usbdisk is accessed much quicker than with the 500GB drive and the red light on the MB does not light up continuously, suggesting a technical problem with the HD or its combination to the bubba firmware. Anyone any ideas?

thanks
Ubi
Boy

Post by Boy »

Hi Ubi,

I just can confirm that the Lenny image takes quiet a while for fdisking my 500 GB HD originally shipped with the B1, but not as long as two hours, maybe 30-45 minutes. Also the upgrade to version 1.0.2 takes maybe 30 minutes.

Regards
Boy
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi, did you ever resolve the problem? I seem to have the same.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Yeah I had the mainboard replaced by Excito :(