New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Sony Bravia

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
pcrene

Sony Bravia

Post by pcrene »

Hello All,

Has anyone experience with bubba and Sony Bravia UPNP interface (W5500)

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
JC

Re: Sony Bravia

Post by JC »

Yes, Sony has a crippled implementation of the DLNA protocol - so PLEASE, PLEASE don't by their crappy DRM Bravia W5500 flat panels (and probably all other series) if you haven't already done, as Sony doesn't support you on this DLNA issue after you have bought neither. :x

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make Bubba|Two serve one of those damn bastards, as the MediaTomb doesn't support those in the present 1.2.4 B2 software release. Only DLNA server working for me right now is a Kubuntu server running minidlna (from http://minidlna.sourceforge.net), and I can't get minidlna running on the B2 while mysqlite is to old. I hope to get some debugging-info from this application that could make it possible to make a workaround for MediaTomb's configuration file. :idea:
carl

Post by carl »

JC wrote:Yes, Sony has a crippled implementation of the DLNA protocol - so PLEASE, PLEASE don't by their crappy DRM Bravia W5500 flat panels (and probably all other series) if you haven't already done, as Sony doesn't support you on this DLNA issue after you have bought neither. :x

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make Bubba|Two serve one of those damn bastards, as the MediaTomb doesn't support those in the present 1.2.4 B2 software release. Only DLNA server working for me right now is a Kubuntu server running minidlna (from http://minidlna.sourceforge.net), and I can't get minidlna running on the B2 while mysqlite is to old. I hope to get some debugging-info from this application that could make it possible to make a workaround for MediaTomb's configuration file. :idea:
We have a working minidlna package in claire by the way. We havn't tested it with an Bravia as we doesn't have one.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello Carl,

Is there a mini-how-to so i can check it with my Bravia?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
JC

Post by JC »

Thanks Carl, sound great...

I haven't yet been able to find what minidlna does to satisfy this crippled DLNA protocol in Bravia, even though I've been reading the source code too - it looks pretty simple, but I'm not sure it's simple enough to me though :? . Only found that there too is a limit in formats supported as JPEG (pict), MP3 and Liniar PCM (Sound) , AVCHD, HDV and MPEG2-PS (Video)

Please let us know if we can test anything on this matter to help you, as I have access to a W5500 and a W4500 (no video, only sound and pictures). :?: ,