New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Using Gmail with Bubba mailserver

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Aitch

Using Gmail with Bubba mailserver

Post by Aitch »

Hi guys, I've had my Bubba for a month now & so it's time to start contributing.

I am moving all my email accounts over to the Bubba mailserver to make access easier. So far so good, but when I tried to install my Gmail account which requires the use of SSL nothing happened.

I had a look in /etc/fetchmailrc and noticed that "ssl" had been added after "username here". I added "options" before ssl and then everything works great :D

(I've since read Tor's note about possible problems with the php5 module which I had already loaded, but everything else seems to work ok)

Here is the link for setting up POP access in Gmail http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... swer=13287 don't worry about the ports, the defaults on Bubba work out of the box.

/H
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Thanks for the info.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Just a supplementary for information:

The man page for Fetchmail says that "options" is a noise keyword and should be ignored by the program. Has anyone else had issues when using ssl to access pop email addresses?

/H