New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Warning - iTunes 10.0

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Tim

Warning - iTunes 10.0

Post by Tim »

Have "upgraded" to iTunes 10.0 on Apple Mac OS 10.64. Shared Firefly server from Bubba no longer shows any content in iTunes.The server shows up under "SHARED", there is network activity for a few seconds but no music. Disconnecting and reconnecting has no effect.

It is probably a good idea NOT to install iTunes 10.0 until we have more information.

--Tim
Xet

Re: Warning - iTunes 10.0

Post by Xet »

Yes, you seem to be correct and since Firefly has been dead, from a development point of view, it's unlikely that it will be fixed.

According to some posts in this thread http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... D=12203441 , using forked-daapd seems to work.
Sadly, that app is not available in the old Each repos as far as I can tell.

I tried to build it from source, but it required some Java app and therefore some JRE I don't have nor want, so I gave up...

Perhaps someone else, with an installed JRE, build tools and some free time, can give it a try... :wink:
The git repo for the sources can be found here: http://github.com/jasonmc/forked-daapd/
ian

Post by ian »

I think Apple might have messed things up horribly, as iTunes on my XP laptop can't see any actual music files in my wife's iTunes library on her MacBook, even though the library itself shows up as being shared. Very strange...

Plenty of posts about this on the Apple iTunes forum; looks like Apple really dropped the ball with this version...
Tim

Fixed - Re: Warning - iTunes 10.0

Post by Tim »

Tim wrote:Have "upgraded" to iTunes 10.0 on Apple Mac OS 10.64. Shared Firefly server from Bubba no longer shows any content in iTunes.The server shows up under "SHARED", there is network activity for a few seconds but no music. Disconnecting and reconnecting has no effect.

It is probably a good idea NOT to install iTunes 10.0 until we have more information.

--Tim
I have just installed iTunes 10.0.1 on Apple Mac OS 10.6.4. It seems to work...

--Tim
tor

Post by tor »

Tim,

Do i understand you correctly that upgrading Itunes to 10.0.1 resolves this issue?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Tim

Post by Tim »

tor wrote:Tim,

Do i understand you correctly that upgrading Itunes to 10.0.1 resolves this issue?

/Tor
Tor,

Yes, It seems to work fine on Bubba 1 on OS X 10.6.4 - I have not tried it on Lenny image yet, or Windows.

--Tim
ian

Post by ian »

I can vouch for this fixed version of iTunes, as all of our various computers can see each other and, more importantly, the Firefly library on the bubba.

I checked the Apple forum about this issue, and many users were complaining of the same problems that bubba users were having; NAS devices running Firefly suddenly stopped working. Credit to Apple I guess for fixing the problem so quickly....