New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Maximum attachment size

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ian

Maximum attachment size

Post by ian »

Dear All
I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on the forum, but I can't find it now, so I'll ask it anyway: is it possible to change the maximum size of attachement that can be sent with an email on the bubba (one)? I've recently had a few emails not arrive due to the attachment size,and would like to change this to make sending email more reliable...

Cheers, Ian
DanielM

Re: Maximum attachment size

Post by DanielM »

You could use message_size_limit in /etc/postfix/main.cf for this. It's not there in the conf delivered with the Bubba, which means a default value of 10240000 bytes per mail.

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

and if you are sending via the web interface you should also look at the "upload_max_filesize" and "post_max_size" in php.ini

ubi
ian

Post by ian »

Thanks for both replies, have made the necessary changes. I sent a large email to myself, but it seems my ISP has a 15MB limit, so I'll try it with a smaller file....
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Yes, there will also be a limit on your SMTP server. There are many better ways to share files than email anyway.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

RandomUsername wrote:Yes, there will also be a limit on your SMTP server. There are many better ways to share files than email anyway.
There sure are. But since my wife's sister sent photos of her first newborn as a mail and it got stopped because my postfix were set to not accept messages above 10MB I learned my lesson. My wife wasn't glad at all, so now my postfix accepts very large mails. Just to be sure.

/Daniel
ian

Post by ian »

RandomUsername wrote:Yes, there will also be a limit on your SMTP server. There are many better ways to share files than email anyway.
That depends very much on the circumstances. Sending someone a small-ish video by email is much easier than uploading it somewhere and then telling them how to download it....