New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

primary DNS

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
khulmary

primary DNS

Post by khulmary »

Does a Primary and Secondary DNS have different numbers? That might sound like a dumb question.. but I am tyring to connect my Nintendo DS to wifi and it will only do it manually because of my internet connection. To do this.. it asks me to enter my Primary DNS number and then my Secondary DSN number. Where it tells me to find this information only shows DNS Servers and then lists one number... any ideas?
Last edited by khulmary on 26 Dec 2010, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi

Re: primary DNS

Post by Ubi »

yes they have different numbers as they are different machines. But nothing breaks if you enter the same ip address twice. Normally a single DNS server is enough. If you want to know what your dns servers are, the easiest is to go to your windows computer (which I assume you have) and go to the command prompt (START ->RUN -> cmd.exe) en then type

Code: Select all

ipconfig /all
then find the line that says "DNS servers" and type the number or numbers in.
Cheeseboy

Re: primary DNS

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi,

From my own experience with the DS and DSi I can add this:
Set up your WiFi with WEP security (or no security), or it will not work.
I really hate the network connectivity bit with the DS, and the idiotic Nintendo error codes...

Cheers,

Cheeseboy