New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

How to use the B3 as router with a Speedport

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
saudadegostosa

How to use the B3 as router with a Speedport

Post by saudadegostosa »

Hi,

I have got a very basic question. I am living in Germany and use a Speedport W701v DSL modem with integrated router.

If I want to use the B3 as router and firewall, I think I have to deactivate the router part of the Speedport in order to only use it as a DSL modem. Therefore, I would activate the function "PPPoE Pass Through" in the Speedport in order to switch off its router part.

However, the question is: how can I enter the user name and password for accessing the DSL service which had been stored in the speedport before?
ryz

Re: How to use the B3 as router with a Speedport

Post by ryz »

Since the web interface does not support pppoe you need to do the settings manually. I have not done this myself but a google of pppoe and debian ( Bubba is based on Debian) I found this page
http://wiki.debian.org/PPPoE which seems really helpful
ryz

Re: How to use the B3 as router with a Speedport

Post by ryz »

I might add that it is probably a good idea to first create an rescue USB and make sure that it works and you now how to use it and also backing up the config files in /etc before testing this since wrong network settings might make your bubba unreachable.